Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July/Aug 2017 - How long to find shared accommodation in Dublin? Ideas?

Options
  • 16-07-2017 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭

General question.

How long (approx.) should a person moving to Dublin to start a new job allow for finding suitable shared rental accommodation i.e. single room in a shared house?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

General question.

How long (approx.) should a person moving to Dublin to start a new job allow for finding suitable shared rental accommodation i.e. single room in a shared house?

I think it's really difficult to tell as it depends on where you want to live, how much you are willing to compromise, how attractive you are as a housemate, and also to some extend how lucky you are.

But if I had to give a number: give yourself 6 weeks. For the first 2-3 weeks you will probably just be kind of wasting your time viewing places you can't get and finding out how messy things are and what strategy to adopt. And if you are lucky enough and possibly ready to compromise a bit, once you have figured the right strategy for yourself you will find something OK within the next 3-4 weeks.

But really that's me guessing and there are many variables, so don't take any of this for granted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Arcade_Tryer

Bob24 wrote: »
    I think it's really difficult to tell as it depends on where you want to live, how much you are willing to compromise, how attractive you are as a housemate, and also to some extend how lucky you are.

But if I had to give a number: give yourself 6 weeks. For the first 2-3 weeks you will probably just be kind of wasting your time viewing places you can't get and finding out how messy things are and what strategy to adopt. And if you are lucky enough and possibly ready to compromise a bit, once you have figured the right strategy for yourself you will find something OK within the next 3-4 weeks.

But really that's me guessing and there are many variables, so don't take any of this for granted.
    Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

If you can't make a decision on a room there and then it will take a while. You don't really get a lot of opportunity to compare. If you can go there and then,m there is a cohort of LL's that will take you. Others take a little time to get back to people. I'm usually back onto someone within an hour of the viewing.

As for prices near DART stations. One up in Kilbarrack there at the moment asking 275 down from 295K, 3 bed terrace. Not sure where it's actually at.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Arcade Tryer- I've moved your query to its own thread- it may get a better response.

Kind regards-

The_Conductor

Advertisement