Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Dublin life is unsustainable' - meet the professionals who left for the Mid-West....

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭Tefral

seachto7 wrote: »
    I have read about "100 of jobs created for X" and can't find them when I go online. No tonly in Limerick, but in other places too.

I myself personally have hired people through word of mouth rather than advertising for positions in limerick over the last 5 years. A lot of my peers do the same.

I know that doesn't help you but a lot of jobs in Limerick are done that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 loumasry

Certain sectors with very specific skillsets are doing well. A friend of mine (accountancy background) has moved back to east Galway and commutes to Limerick every day. Money is not great but cost of living is a third of Dublin he says.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Tefral wrote: »
    I myself personally have hired people through word of mouth rather than advertising for positions in limerick over the last 5 years. A lot of my peers do the same.

I know that doesn't help you but a lot of jobs in Limerick are done that way.

I'd say it's the world over. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

loumasry wrote:
    Certain sectors with very specific skillsets are doing well. A friend of mine (accountancy background) has moved back to east Galway and commutes to Limerick every day. Money is not great but cost of living is a third of Dublin he says.

The commute must be costing fortune in fuel, time, stress, etc though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,274 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You have the M18/N18 from Gort to Limerick at the moment, the remaining M17/M18 motorway from Gort to Galway/Tuam is opening before the end of this year afaik.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055673984&page=436

• Advertisement

Tefral wrote: »

Id wonder though, I know both Hiring Managers in Northern Trust and Regeneron, they have jobs in the 50k plus range and they cant find anyone to fill them.

Regeneron is bio-pharma, you won't get someone relevantly experienced to relocate to Limerick for that salary. You'll get plenty of folk without bio pharma experience though.

You wouldn't tempt someone in a similar permanent position in stryker or vistacon either & they quite likely wouldn't have the required CV :)

Regeneron doesn't have a great name either in Ireland ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

It would be good if there were more "creative" jobs coming to LImerick. You could say that involves waffling type jobs, but more from the advertising industry would be welcome. I know there are a few small agencies in Limerick tipping away, but more would be great.

Advertisement