Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting a new business

Options
  • 16-07-2017 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hi Guys, hope everyone is keeping well,

So me and my girlfriend is talking about setting up our own small business for the last year or more, but we are kind of more motivated now to set it up as soon as we can, but we dont know how to go about things,

basically our friends have a small business also and they have got grants and tax exception and all the other fun things that people get when they start there own business,they have told us off these benefits and it really opened our eyes to WOW maybe we can set up a decent business for our future from this.

however there is always a catch, I have a full time job (happily) and she is on carers allowance (for her ill father and granny) pretty full time also but she is still adamant on having this new business on the side to keep her sane.

my question is that are we entitled to any grants and most importantly the tax exception for the first 2 years.

(the grants would be nice to help us on our road but if we could even only get the tax excemption for the 2 years to see how things go i think we would be very happy)

thanks in advance for taking the time to read and to reply

regards,

Niall

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Neither question are state benefits related- probably more for an accountant - but your girlfriend needs to be aware she can't work more than 15 hours a week while on carers allowance.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭DonkeyDick1992

Neither question are state benefits related- probably more for an accountant - but your girlfriend needs to be aware she can't work more than 15 hours a week while on carers allowance.

Thanks for your reply will repost, yes its only a dove release business so would only be about 10 hours a week at the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Your friend might have received Back to work enterprise allowance.

To go this you would have to lose your job and be claiming jsb / JSA for a year.

Try to local enterprise office, they offer grants to some new businesses as do area partnerships.

Advertisement