Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung TV / Yamaha sound system question

• 16-07-2017 9:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,

My previous setup was an LCD TV connected to a Yamaha Home Theatre System. Everything (Sky box, Chromecast, PS4, media box etc) was hooked up to the Yamaha via HMDI, which was then hooked up to the TV. I would change between the devices by choosing the various HDMI connections on the Yamaha remote.

I've just bought a Samsung Smart TV (ue50mu6100) which has a mini voice activated remote (in addition to the regular remote). It's able to control the audio on the Yamaha and change channels on the Sky etc. My issue is that I still have to go back to the Yamaha remote to change between the devices.

Question: Can I hook everything up directly to the TV via HDMI and then run an optical cord from TV to Yamaha to get 5.1 on all devices?

Question 2: I can't seem to bring up the Sky TV Guide using voice commands, or any other way, using the mini-remote. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Advertisement