Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

diet to drop body fat?

• 17-07-2017 1:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Anyone know of good foods to help drop body fat percentage down?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Find out what your maintenance calories are (how much you burn in a regular day) and eat less calories than that. Your body will use the fat stores to make up the under consumption.

Add exercise to speed up the process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

As above. There is no such thing as a food that will drop body % down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 62 ✭✭Nutser

Try a fasting diet. I've used 5:2 with quite a lot of success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Nutser wrote: »
    Try a fasting diet. I've used 5:2 with quite a lot of success.
    ive tried eating less calories and moving more and that worked also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Find out what your maintenance calories are (how much you burn in a regular day) and eat less calories than that.
    ^ This.
    That's ultimately all it boils down to. The effect of specific foods beyond that are marginal at best.

For everyone person saying "do x, I did it, it was great" there's 10 others shouting about something else.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 Veronica Hudson

I have used some of the best diet tips to lose weight and it's been a blessing for me. If you want you can try them too. You can drink apple and skim milk, boiled soya bean, toast, walnuts and energy bars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I have used some of the best diet tips to lose weight and it's been a blessing for me. If you want you can try them too. You can drink apple and skim milk, boiled soya bean, toast, walnuts and energy bars.

Or just eatin a healthy, balanced diet and get some exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 alanog1

Yeah there are no specific foods that will drop body fat, though there are plenty that claim to! Go on to myfitness pal and type in your goals etc and it will give you what you should be eating

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 Veronica Hudson

That exactly what I said, nervous wreck....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

That exactly what I said, nervous wreck....

It's really not though? You gave a weird and very short list of foods. Not to mention that apple juice and 'energy' bars are poor choices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

michaelp97 wrote: »
    Anyone know of good foods to help drop body fat percentage down?
    No specific foods will drop body fat percentage.

However, a combination of foods on a daily basis that amount to approx 500 calories less than you are burning off in an average day should do the job over a period of weeks/months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Find out what your maintenance calories are (how much you burn in a regular day) and eat less calories than that. Your body will use the fat stores to make up the under consumption.

Add exercise to speed up the process.

Bbbbbbbuuuttt....

Diet and supplement industry and armchair experts?

Advertisement