Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hibernia sna

Options
  • 17-07-2017 1:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi all, so I gave just applied for a masters in primary education with hibernia and have received an email to
    be aware of Circular 22/2012. I currently work as an SNA .
    Can someone explain this to me? Does this mean I MUST take a career break? I fail to understand why my job matters to the college? Does anyone have any recent experience of this? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You don't have to take a career break. I suppose they are giving you that so you know your rights etc. should you choose to take a career break to do the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 CB007

Have you received any word on your application or have you been given a date for your interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 MMB11

CB007 wrote: »
    Have you received any word on your application or have you been given a date for your interview?

I have gained a place on the course. But I'm still unsure about being able to work as an SNA , i have heard conflicting advice.

Some state you are allowed to work once the school are happy and then others have said you won't be allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Lady_North1

I've heard it's not allowed. You won't get the time off needed for teaching practice. I know a girl who completed it last year and had to take a career break as SNA to get it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 MMB11

I've heard it's not allowed. You won't get the time off needed for teaching practice. I know a girl who completed it last year and had to take a career break as SNA to get it done.

Ah flip! And would they not allow her to work until April when TP starts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Lady_North1

In theory working til April would be fine but she'd have to resign in order to do the tp. Career break would at least hold the job for the year but it's too late to apply for one for the coming year.

Advertisement