Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent TSB Maintenance Fees

• 17-07-2017 9:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

I received a letter last week from Perm TSB informing me Quarterly maintenance fees on cashsave accounts have been increased from €3.81 up to €18.:eek: Of course if I don't like it I can shop around and they do state in their letter the new fees are competitive......anyone up to speed on maintenance fees completed any comparisons??????. Cheers VE

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

Yeah, PTSB have hiked maintenance fees on some, but not all, of their legacy current account products.

Your options include:
    - EBS who have no fees but also no mobile app, no Android pay, no Apple Pay. Free but feature-less.
    - KBC Extra Current account which is free if you deposit at least 2,500 EUR per month. Good mobile app, Android Pay and Apple Pay support.
    - PTSB Explore current account which is 4 EUR per month with 10 cent per debit card transaction cashback up to a maximum of 5 EUR per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭V Eight

Thanks for the info JTMAN.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭irishproduce

There is a reference in their letter about lodging salary and that "fees will apply after 18 months"
    Sorry now but does that mean such customers won't pay until 18 months after the September changes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

There is a reference in their letter about lodging salary and that "fees will apply after 18 months"
    Sorry now but does that mean such customers won't pay until 18 months after the September changes?

Without knowing the exact wording of the letter, that's pretty hard to answer.

I still haven't received my letter but I rang today to ask if the fee waiver on my account will still apply (lodging €1500 per month) and they confirmed it will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭irishproduce

I'll ring them Monday - thanks NW

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

JTMan wrote: »
    Yeah, PTSB have hiked maintenance fees on some, but not all, of their legacy current account products.

Your options include:
    - EBS who have no fees but also no mobile app, no Android pay, no Apple Pay. Free but feature-less.
    - KBC Extra Current account which is free if you deposit at least 2,500 EUR per month. Good mobile app, Android Pay and Apple Pay support.
    - PTSB Explore current account which is 4 EUR per month with 10 cent per debit card transaction cashback up to a maximum of 5 EUR per month.

I never had fees since I have a "legacy account" for about 25 years, was shocked they finally changed that.

Must try and see if the salary deposit deal can work out for 18 months and then change to whatever is free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

I got my letter today, if I keep an average cleared credit balance of €380.92 they will waiver the maintenance fee.

'Current account Plus' account

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

hi5 wrote: »
    I got my letter today, if I keep an average cleared credit balance of €380.92 they will waiver the maintenance fee.

'Current account Plus' account

Did it say it in the letter or did you have to ring ? That's 300 punt old money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

It says it in the letter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

I think we're all getting differing letters depending on what plan of theirs we are on

I opened my account in 2013 so I have fee free banking as long as I lodge €1500 per month, as far as I'm aware that doesn't change. At least I haven't been directly told that it will change
    JTMan wrote: »

Your options include:

Don't forget, N26 gives a free current account (no loans or credit card facilities though) as long as you only withdraw from an ATM 5 times a month

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Mine says either lodge your salary or maintain €380 balance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,579 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Mine says either lodge your salary or maintain €380 balance

Mine says:
    Lodge salary or minimum balance of €136 at all times, or average balance of €381 over the quarter

Advertisement