Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campag Chorus Chain quicklink

Options
  • 17-07-2017 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever fitted a campag 11 speed chain using a quicklink?

If a quicklink is not an option, do I really have to use the Campag Chain tool?

I have a cheapo BBB chain tool..will that do?

thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

I've used the KMC 11spd split link on Campag chains for a long while and they've worked very well. Tried the Wipperman equivalent but didn't find it as good (small chain hops coming around the cassette in 11/12t).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

I use a Park chain-tool with 10-speed chains with no issues. If that's any help!

I seem to recall the Campag chain-tool being super-expensive. The installation instructions with the 10-speed chain say to only use Campag chain-tools, but I suppose they would.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

beans wrote: »
    I use a Park chain-tool with 10-speed chains with no issues. If that's any help!

I seem to recall the Campag chain-tool being super-expensive. The installation instructions with the 10-speed chain say to only use Campag chain-tools, but I suppose they would.

yep...€160!

Just found this: http://www.totalcycling.com/en/KMC-X11-L-11-Speed-Chain/m-18089.aspx

It's more expensive than a campag chain, but it comes with a quicklink!

CheGuedara wrote: »
    I've used the KMC 11spd split link on Campag chains for a long while and they've worked very well. Tried the Wipperman equivalent but didn't find it as good (small chain hops coming around the cassette in 11/12t).

That makes sense as i just found a KMC chain, which is campag compatible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Oh, and if I'm just making up the chain with the Campag link I use one of these

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/lezyne-chain-drive-tool-11-speed/

Does the rivet peening and all and much cheaper than the 'proper' chain tool

• Advertisement

CheGuedara wrote: »
    Oh, and if I'm just making up the chain with the Campag link I use one of these

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/lezyne-chain-drive-tool-11-speed/

Does the rivet peening and all and much cheaper than the 'proper' chain tool

Thanks but For me, it has to be quicklink. I've 3 bikes..
    1: 10 speed (Shimano)
    2: 11 speed (Shimano)
    3: 11 speed (Campagnolo)

Quick links are just too handy! :)

Advertisement