Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christening favours?

Options
  • 17-07-2017 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey,

I'm just wondering what the custom is for christening favours? Is it the done thing? If so what kind of things would you recommend I could do? I don't have much time- christening is on Saturday.

Any input is very much appreciated

X

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭Delphinium

Don't add to the pressure. No need for favours, it is just a new way of getting money from people. Enjoy the christening and have a stress free day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Delphinium wrote: »
    Don't add to the pressure. No need for favours, it is just a new way of getting money from people. Enjoy the christening and have a stress free day.

Agree with delphinium 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Rave.ef

What has the world come to. Had ye a baby stag too.

I wouldn't bother like above just enjoy the day ye have enough pressure as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

We did party bags for kids (few sweets, a bag of crisps and a bottle of bubbles) and got some cheap small bits in dealz to do some kids party games / treasure hunt but had never even heard of getting something for the adults!

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Anne_cordelia

Nope not a thing. Never heard of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Jenjenjenjen

I'm glad people are saying not to, someone seemed shocked when I said I hadn't heard of it and hadn't planned on doing such a thing..... one less thing to worry about. Thank x

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Rave.ef wrote: »
    What has the world come to. Had ye a baby stag too. .

The images conjured up for this are hysterical. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Rave.ef wrote: »
    What has the world come to. Had ye a baby stag too.

I wouldn't bother like above just enjoy the day ye have enough pressure as it is.
    Baby stag - that's a good one!!

I suppose there is the equivalent being a baby shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

What is a christening favour? I'm guessing it has nothing to do with helping out a friend with organising or participating in a christening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Baby stag - that's a good one!!

I suppose there is the equivalent being a baby shower.

Latest thing in Murika now is Gender Reveal parties. It's a party where the expecting parents along with all their friends get told the gender of their unborn. I wish I was joking but this is actually a thing.

Anyways for the OP - never even heard of favours at a christening so don't be worrying about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,360 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

favours for who exactly?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Orion wrote: »
    Latest thing in Murika now is Gender Reveal parties. It's a party where the expecting parents along with all their friends get told the gender of their unborn. I wish I was joking but this is actually a thing.

Anyways for the OP - never even heard of favours at a christening so don't be worrying about it.

Hang on, so that's in addition to the baby shower???

Advertisement