Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help choosing sons first proper bike - scott vs trek

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭C3PO

The specification is similar but the brakes are better on the Scott!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭fourmations

thanks

i saw and rode the scott but didnt see the trek
    (he was with his mom when he looked at that)

one thing i though on the scott was that on its fastest gear
    i maxed out the speed easy enough, I know they are mountain bikes
    but is that normal? are the ratios unusual on the scott, is that to be expected?
    are the gears decent enough? we tried a cube agility as well as a comparison
    it was a bit too expensive (750e) but the gears seemed way superior

https://www.cube.eu/en/2017/hardtail/analog/cube-analog-darkgreyngreen-2017/

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

thanks

i saw and rode the scott but didnt see the trek
    (he was with his mom when he looked at that)

one thing i though on the scott was that on its fastest gear
    i maxed out the speed easy enough, I know they are mountain bikes
    but is that normal? are the ratios unusual on the scott, is that to be expected?
    are the gears decent enough? we tried a cube agility as well as a comparison
    it was a bit too expensive (750e) but the gears seemed way superior

https://www.cube.eu/en/2017/hardtail/analog/cube-analog-darkgreyngreen-2017/

It's a mountain bike so the top gear is always going to be lower than a normal roadbike, plus you're a grown man and he's only a youngfella so I wouldn't worry about it too much. You'd have to look at a more road oriented bike if you want a higher top gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

Buy him the bike he likes the look of the best. He will use it more. There won't be a huge difference between them so best getting him the one he likes best.

Advertisement