Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying from a Finance Company

Options
  • 17-07-2017 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi

I have found a house that I really like within my price range, however, the estate agent has told me that the seller is a finance company and they have yet to accept the last offer (15k under the asking price) made 6 months ago. While they were apparently happy with the offer they haven't actually accepted it.

I want to make an offer but I don't want to wait 6 months. Has anyone any experience of buying a house where the seller was a finance company? Is the slow response to offers normal?

BTW, estate agent also told me it is part of a portfolio of houses bought to be done up and sold on when the recession hit.

Comments

Advertisement