Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Dublin - Quick Spin / Nice circuit

• 17-07-2017 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Some days I only get out for an hour ... this is a great little circuit to run a couple of times if you just wanna spin for a bit but have limited time..

Heading into Bray from Shankill side

- Right on to Old Connaught Avenue

- Left then right onto Ballyman Road (you'll pass Dun Laoghaire Golf Club).

- Right into Enniskerry follow around to the right ... take the R117 out of Enniskerry, some nice surfaces and bends, only one sharpish one .... two concealed exits to watch for.

- Ride through The Scalp (watch for concealed junction) pass what used to be the Kilternan Sports Hotel - Ski Slope on the left etc ... open her up down the hill ;-)

- Turn right at the R116 (just before the garage on the right hand side, little blue church on the left) another nice set of bends and dips, good surfaces generally, some loose stuff now and then near Ballycorus lane.

- Turn right onto Rathmichael road.

- Turn right onto Ferndale Road (say Hello to Padraig Harrington) pass Old Connaught Golf Club....

- Next Right ... Repeat.

Id say 90% is really decent road surface, plenty of twisty bends and nothing too demanding for a newb like myself and has pretty minimal traffic.

As an after thought I'm looking forward to them resurfacing more of Military Road, they have different sections done on the east side and its really nice, the more westerly side of it's rough as a badgers at the moment in patches, don't enjoy riding that at all but its worth it to get to the other side and do that spin towards M11.

Advertisement