Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sort Codes

Options
  • 17-07-2017 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I have currently started a new job and obviously need to hand over my bank details in order to be paid however I am not sure which sort code to use.

I am a member of the Skerries branch and as such would usually use the Skerries sort code of 90-08-93. This is also the start of my IBAN on all paper statements I receive. However a few months ago I noticed the start of my IBAN is different when using the Banking365 app: it has a different sort code. I asked in my local branch and they said that this IBAN uses the Balbriggan sort code of 90-35-41.

My local branch printed out my IBAN and BIC details for me which lists the Balbriggan sort code and the IBAN from my paper statements (ie. the one that starts with the Skerries sort code).

When I gave these details to my employer they were worried that since the sort code doesnt match the IBAN that my wages may not go through so I gave them the Skerries sort code to use instead.

Will this work? Can I use either sort code since I was told that the Skerries branch is now a part of the Balbriggan branch?

Thank you for your time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Sharax wrote: »
    Hi, I have currently started a new job and obviously need to hand over my bank details in order to be paid however I am not sure which sort code to use.

I am a member of the Skerries branch and as such would usually use the Skerries sort code of 90-08-93. This is also the start of my IBAN on all paper statements I receive. However a few months ago I noticed the start of my IBAN is different when using the Banking365 app: it has a different sort code. I asked in my local branch and they said that this IBAN uses the Balbriggan sort code of 90-35-41.

My local branch printed out my IBAN and BIC details for me which lists the Balbriggan sort code and the IBAN from my paper statements (ie. the one that starts with the Skerries sort code).

When I gave these details to my employer they were worried that since the sort code doesnt match the IBAN that my wages may not go through so I gave them the Skerries sort code to use instead.

Will this work? Can I use either sort code since I was told that the Skerries branch is now a part of the Balbriggan branch?

Thank you for your time.
    Hi Sharax,

Thanks for the contacting us here on Boards.

We do advise customers to use the details on their statements however either sort code will work to receive payments in from your employer.

I hope this helps. 

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,

Kareana  

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sharax

That's great, thank you very much Kareana :)

Advertisement