Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Member the relic iron run?

Options
  • 17-07-2017 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 45,952 ✭✭✭✭

So, Destiny coming to a close (at long last some might say). What will you miss (or were glad it was got rid of) from the first game in the greatest series of all time*

'Member running the paths for planetary mats? 'Member Generic and Abuses spending HOURS in the lead up to one of the content drops to get themselves ready for all the upgrading they were going to be doing... and the content drop bringing in the buying of planetary mats. Such lols.

Remember your first Raid completions? I remember banging my head against a wall many times for each boss, every time - the rush when they finally die. The stomach churning disbelief when Oryx or Aksis didn't die in their last stand....

First runs through the dick wall room....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

The fxxxxing climb the mountain trophy
    ffs rage inducing bs

• Registered Users Posts: 45,952 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

gimli2112 wrote: »
    The fxxxxing climb the mountain trophy
    ffs rage inducing bs

Tried it a load at launch, failed every time. Got it very quickly when I went back after Age of Triumphs. Still, totally not worth it. Surprised it wasn't part of the Touch of Malice type of quest.

Probably the worst thing about it was I was on with my brother one day. Some stupid glitch happened and he ended up on the top of the mountain and he picked it up. worst day ever.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

That siva cluster was easy lads :P

Doing flawless raider on Crota with the a few lads and one of the reddit mods. Had Crota down to minimal health - I died trying to kill the sword bearer. I didn't speak for the following hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

'Member when I got carried to the Lighthouse on Twitch?
    'Member 6 Stormcallers Mayhem on Firebase Delphi?
    'Member First Light?
    'Member Heavy Ammo Glitch?
    'Member when I squatted in my old house cause I had no internet in the new place?
    'Member when I blu-orbed Crota (for what I think was my 1st Crota kill at he time)?
    'Member when I ruined out Flawless Raider attmept by Nova-Bomb suiciding.... and then went and wrote a guide for how to do it?
    'Member the 1st time walking down the big stairs to Aksis arena?
    'Member "Whatever happened to Kill them baaaaaack?"
    'Member SYLOK THE DEFILED!?
    'Member when I had Bohrio and Sniper carry me through Skolas cause I'm just awful?
    'Member the Clan 1st Atheon Kill?
    'Member the abundance of Toast?
    'Member farming Hadium Flakes?
    'Member waiting 7 weeks for Ace of Spades?
    'Member Buying Suros Regime and not G-Horn?
    'Member when my Cat ejected the disc for the game during the Oryx fight?
    'Member when I discovered Sidearms in PvP "Vestiaaaaaaan DYNASTY!!!!"?
    'Member that huge spider ran across my floor and I had a fit and cost us an Atheon Kill?
    'Member doing Oracles from up top so I could have a smoke?
    'Member the Tomb Ships jumping puzzle (I don't but I heard things)?
    'Member the Cancerous Thorn Meta?
    'Member the Green Screen?
    'Member Petra/Variks banter?
    'Member Goldspiral?
    'Member Vex Mythoclast in PvP being broken af?
    'Member 4 different Ps4 chats depending on your level being 1 - 30?
    'Member when I got 7th Column?

'Member the 1st time walking down the big stairs to Aksis arena

Nah, I had an engram to decrypt in the tower.

Was listening to the DCP podcast in the gym the other day, while benching a bunch of weights - think I had all the weights on the bar and was just pushing them out, but whatevs.... where was I again, oh yeah, the gym, listening to DCP. One of the twitch questions was funniest line in Destiny.

That "What happened to kill them back?" wasn't the answer given by ANY of them annoyed me greatly. I fed that anger into even more bench presses of incredible weight. At the gym.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

'Member when I got carried to the Lighthouse on Twitch?
    'Member 6 Stormcallers Mayhem on Firebase Delphi?
    'Member First Light?
    'Member Heavy Ammo Glitch?
    'Member when I squatted in my old house cause I had no internet in the new place?
    'Member when I blu-orbed Crota (for what I think was my 1st Crota kill at he time)?
    'Member when I ruined out Flawless Raider attmept by Nova-Bomb suiciding.... and then went and wrote a guide for how to do it?
    'Member the 1st time walking down the big stairs to Aksis arena?
    'Member "Whatever happened to Kill them baaaaaack?"
    'Member SYLOK THE DEFILED!?
    'Member when I had Bohrio and Sniper carry me through Skolas cause I'm just awful?
    'Member the Clan 1st Atheon Kill?
    'Member the abundance of Toast?
    'Member farming Hadium Flakes?
    'Member waiting 7 weeks for Ace of Spades?
    'Member Buying Suros Regime and not G-Horn?
    'Member when my Cat ejected the disc for the game during the Oryx fight?
    'Member when I discovered Sidearms in PvP "Vestiaaaaaaan DYNASTY!!!!"?
    'Member that huge spider ran across my floor and I had a fit and cost us an Atheon Kill?
    'Member doing Oracles from up top so I could have a smoke?
    'Member the Tomb Ships jumping puzzle (I don't but I heard things)?
    'Member the Cancerous Thorn Meta?
    'Member the Green Screen?
    'Member Petra/Variks banter?
    'Member Goldspiral?
    'Member Vex Mythoclast in PvP being broken af?
    'Member 4 different Ps4 chats depending on your level being 1 - 30?

No 7th Column reference? :eek:

Pardon our Dust was an annoying turn of phrase that I had totally forgotten about until last week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Member killing the Sisters without ToM.

"Then when Sniper has the brand or whatever it is we all bunch up at the corner of this platform and dps. Oh and watch out for adds."

jonnycivic wrote: »
    No 7th Column reference? :eek:

I am constantly adding to the list :P
    That "What happened to kill them back?" wasn't the answer given by ANY of them annoyed me greatly. I fed that anger into even more bench presses of incredible weight. At the gym.

I'd say Caydes sarcasm just had them in absolute fits of laughter :rolleyes:

People don't know good comedy anymore

Pardon our Dust was an annoying turn of phrase that I had totally forgotten about until last week

Conovar has a particular dislike for - Per Audacia Ad Astra.

His banter with Ikora on one of the redone strikes was mentioned alright.

i 'member us near pissing ourselves when we heard that line first time!

Conovar has a particular dislike for - Per Audacia Ad Astra.

What is the 'Pardon our Dust' reference?

But yeah - that sign off from Byf... fooking hell! AND there is second half to the sign off too, like that first part isn't pretentious enough! "See you star side, guardian".

Back on memories....

Remember the excitement over the Black Spindle? how was that even found!?

I remember my first spindle run, it was with a drunk gimli, took us 3 or 4 tries but we got it :D

My first exotic: Year 1, Suros Regime begore I joined the clan. I murdered them all back with that gun :)

Found the Black Spindle challenge quite.......challenging. Then I see the Legend Himself posting a video running it solo. That's.just.nonsense.

'Member the headset fiasco?

What was it - the second replacement? that sh1t was FUNNY.

'Member "Nearly done here lads, on the final boss - we'll be on Destiny in 10minutes...."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Doing flawless raider on Crota with the a few lads and one of the reddit mods. Had Crota down to minimal health - I died trying to kill the sword bearer. I didn't speak for the following hour.

We ALL 'member that one. :pac:
    'Member when I got 7th Column?

Think I missed that one.
    jonnycivic wrote: »
    I remember my first spindle run, it was with a drunk gimli, took us 3 or 4 tries but we got it :D

I 'member the feel of being "Black Spindleless hipster dude"

Skolas, the first week. Solar Damage. Jesus.

• Advertisement

Skolas, the first week. Solar Damage. Jesus.

Think it was the last week of whatever triumphs thing it was tied to that I finally got him done. Man that was a tough fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

IIRC when questioned on the size of the spider, you said that to move him you'd need one of the cranes that that are used to lift other cranes - he was that big!!!

nevelator wrote: »
    IIRC when questioned on the size of the spider, you said that to move him you'd need one of the cranes that that are used to lift other cranes - he was that big!!!

93aad81a8dd2c30b7495405aca242246ba3d72d77a1a0df05dca051a6c56124d_m.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Better Tractor?

You haven't lived unless you have tried upgrading weapons with Three of Coins and not just 1 3OC but around 30 of them.

Was it really necessary to quote that entire post when your reply doesn't reference anything in said quote.

Was it really necessary to quote that entire post when your reply doesn't reference anything in said quote.

Does it matter - not a massive gif or image.. so meh?

How about each class having different upgrade materials - that was awesome!

Re-earning Exotics when TDB was released...

Your first legendary engram... becoming a blue.

Spending longer trying to cheese the bridge on crota than just doing it properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

The old school method of transferring gear.
    Log in > fly to tower > put stuff in vault > log out > log in > fly to tower > get stuff from vault *realise you forgot to put Gally in the vault*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

There was little lag in Crucible.
    Fusions were awesome.

Advertisement