Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Member the relic iron run?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

The loot cave. The things we'd do to get better gear?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

When there was supposed to be a story :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,952 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

nevelator wrote: »
    The old school method of transferring gear.
    Log in > fly to tower > put stuff in vault > log out > log in > fly to tower > get stuff from vault *realise you forgot to put Gally in the vault*

The first days after content drops were the same!

I hope that Bungie have been working on their own gear manager for day 1 of Destiny 2, cause we'll be a few weeks off 3rd party apps like DIM doing the business. Though it is less of an issue at the start of the game, clearly as you can one characater it easily enough without vault access.

dudeeile wrote: »
    When there was supposed to be a story :D

Destiny 2 reference: "When the Darkness was a thing..."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

The first days after content drops were the same!

I hope that Bungie have been working on their own gear manager for day 1 of Destiny 2, cause we'll be a few weeks off 3rd party apps like DIM doing the business. Though it is less of an issue at the start of the game, clearly as you can one characater it easily enough without vault access.

They do have a gear manager on their site, but it may? be afflicted with the same issue as DiM and Ishtar, re API, though I doubt it'll be in the region of weeks, as the Ishtar guy has said.

• Advertisement

They do have a gear manager on their site, but it may? be afflicted with the same issue as DiM and Ishtar, re API, though I doubt it'll be in the region of weeks, as the Ishtar guy has said.

Bungie can be working on their API right now though - so they have the potential to have something ready on launch. There is no real reason the the Bungie manager should be affected by the same issue as DIM etc. It is a Bungie API the Bungie guys will have access to. The reason Ishtar and DIM etc will be a few weeks is they won't get any access to the API until the day the game launches - though I believe the DIM guys have been discussing stuff with the devs to be as best prepared as they can be.

D1 memory - nightfalls kicking you to orbit! I actually kind of prefered that idea but feel it should have kicked you to the start, not to orbit - just to remove that one section of annoyance.

I remember going to pop my bubble over 2 fallen allies in a nightfall once, while beset on all sides by the enemy... and popping blade dancer instead. Good times.

there's nothing more shocking than thinking you're going to obliterate your enemy with a fist of havoc and ending up in a purple balloon.
    Never really used those item managers. Remember some stories when they launched about people losing Gallys when using them. The fear this instilled in me was enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Spending longer trying to cheese the bridge on crota than just doing it properly.

Not if you were doing it with me :p

Not if you were doing it with me :p

I distinctly remember at least one time of you and sniper.... 'discussing' the merits of him spending 10minutes trying to jump to the top of the tower on the near side of the bridge section!:D

How about Chimp not getting Crota challenge mode done cause you enraged Crota first sword EVERY time :D:D:P

My pride is more important than Chimps measly loot drops and AoT record nodes

• Advertisement

What is the 'Pardon our Dust' reference?

But yeah - that sign off from Byf... fooking hell! AND there is second half to the sign off too, like that first part isn't pretentious enough! "See you star side, guardian".

Back on memories....

Remember the excitement over the Black Spindle? how was that even found!?

It's something they put up when there's problems with the servers. Tried logging on to Destiny 2 on Friday. A fool lives in hope and this is the message that popped up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Remember Eris Morns sarky line about Ghosts only being useful for opening doors on the Omnigul strike, before Bungie patched it out 2 weeks after TDB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

6 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

My pride is more important than Chimps measly loot drops and AoT record nodes

'member that time Generic wouldn't do the Crota encounter properly and insisted on trying to take as much health off Crota with 1 sword as possible.
    Even though he kept enraging Crota...
    then shamelessly posting pictures to the group chat...

'member..?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Fooking Ascendant Energy

Sigh

member as long as your were fast enough you could open the Wolves chest multiple times.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

member when you got your first Gally (got mine after killing Atheon). How many people bought it from xur when he first sold it?

got it from Xur the second time he sold it about a year later :( Bought three of them. Fecker.

Fieldog wrote: »
    Fooking Ascendant Energy

Sigh

Fooking Ascendant Shards.

Fooking Destiny economy!

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

gimli2112 wrote: »
    got it from Xur the second time he sold it about a year later :( Bought three of them. Fecker.

Lol got my first gally off tankis after running nightfalls poe raids countless strikes crucible (when u could get exotic as drops).a week later xur sells gally.Rip lmao

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Things I'll remember.

- playing most of my life as a single player, finally meeting up a good crew from here and many late nights later finishing raids and a bit of craic. Some of my favourites to come from this, endless entertainment for people as I failed every jump. Fits of laughter one night as Van Damme had said something funny (for the life of me can't remember what it was). Gonz popping a bubble in front of oyrx for the final stand and we couldnt kill him.

- Getting to the top of the mountain for the siva fragment. For a one legged jumper like me that was some achivement
    - Another jumping success, getting the touch of malice fragment in the dreadnought where you had to get to a little out-crop while tainted by a smell. Gonz/Hatchet helped me that night, and 3 other randoms seeing my pain jumped in and stood on platforms aswell

- First VOG clearance
    - First time as a level 8 (perhaps lower) and finishing first strike - the devils lair , thinking this is like garlic bread, way of the future here!
    - Getting black spindle , think it was Davenocheese and TitanGerm helping me on that one, and even got the BS ship to drop aswell

-First time finishing the aksis challenge mode

- Killing that guy over in the cosmodrome (by the bones cave), blade of crota or something like that where he pops out after a public event, he was rock hard!

- Getting all 4 new racing emblems in year 2, grinded those stages for hours. Of course you could then buy them later after the final update!

- Finishing the titan queen's guard armour set and getting the ship aswell

- Getting utterly carried to the lighthouse, I mean I was practically in a stretcher! I did however kill an arc blade with my titan smash to win a round.

- massing a fortune in hadium flakes, everytime I landed on the dreadnought I would do a chest run.

Probably some more to add to this, biggest miss though was not getting the ps4 exclusive while D1 was still fairly active. Would have liked to have finished those missing titan sets.

Member getting 9 guardians into Court of Oryx but party max is 8. So some poor sap was left outside getting paranoid because obviously we were talking about him.

Incidentally this is how Kaiser found the clan.

Member thinking Golgoroth challenge would involved multiple orbs during damage phase.

Member the Grasp Of Malok farming of February 2016.

Member this:
    PetKing wrote: »
    One of the lads was saying last night that you shouldn't pop 3oC's ever. Apparently it reduces the chances of others in your fireteam getting exotic drops. This seems legit as I'm not happy with my drop rate. I think it should be added to clan charter. I don't see the info on this on Reddit but I'm sure it's there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Member this:

Ah Brad...

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

PetKing wrote: »
    Ah Brad...

Once he said that it was probably the highest usage of 3oC; save for the time Rossi was levelling up his gear!

I came in to hear that sh!te at Golgoroth, talk about bad 1st impressions

I can member till the cows home.

Member when I didn't know what ADS meant.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I came in to hear that sh!te at Golgoroth, talk about bad 1st impressions

Wasnt it the Warpriest..... I recall you coming in and all and even heard a few sighs when you were off headset :P

Advertisement