Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

survey and valuation possible from aib's list?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Would you necessarily want to use the same surveyor?

I can't help there would be conflicting positions having the same surveyor both confirming the valuation for the bank while at the same time looking for defects that may effect the value of the property.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭mydarkstar

I did this recently, same guy on the AIB list did both the survey and valuation.
    I considered the possible pitfalls but decided he was only there to conservatively estimate the property for the bank and point out the totally obvious issues (which is all any other surveyor has done for us on previous houses).

We're not moved into the house yet so only time will tell how accurate his survey was.`

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

mydarkstar wrote: »
    I did this recently, same guy on the AIB list did both the survey and valuation.
    I considered the possible pitfalls but decided he was only there to conservatively estimate the property for the bank and point out the totally obvious issues (which is all any other surveyor has done for us on previous houses).

We're not moved into the house yet so only time will tell how accurate his survey was.`

Thanks mydarkstar, I wasn't even sure if a surveyor would agree to act for both parties. You've answered that question :)

Advertisement