Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great Property Purchase Moan Thread

Options
  • 17-07-2017 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

Sorry if it's been done before but I thought maybe there could a thread for those going through the stresses, strains and tribulations of house hunting in the current climate.
    What's it been like for you? Are you getting a mortgage to build? are you house hunting in Dublin or one of the other urban centres where things are getting very heated?

Personally I'm buying in a Midlands mid-sized urban centre where there have been little to no new builds in the past decade so all prospective buyers are relying on the current housing stock of second hand properties. What is pissing me off at the moment is trying to even get a viewing. Estate agents are impossible to tie down to a viewing. I have rang them 3-4 times over a week or two and they never ring back and we we have gotten viewings we are starting off on the back foot when we are greeted with "there are currently 3 bidders involved and the price is currently at €5k over asking" as soon as we get our foot in the front door.

Anyway I'm sure there'll be more people than I with even more irritating tales. Anyone got anything else to share or moans they want to get off their chest?

Advertisement