Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TDF2017 Stage 16: Le Puy - Romans sur Isère 165KM

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭Doc07

So disappointing for Dan, I thumped the steering wheel.
    Fair play to Matthews, becoming the real deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Dan making alot of excuses on itv for the team

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Though his top ten looks very secure

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

velo.2010 wrote: »
    What is Martin's contract situation like? I believe he signed for 2 years in 2015.

At the moment the team in general is in a state of flux. They are scrubbiing around trying to get money together to try and keep some of the riders. Figure that Dan's age/wage will mean he is cut/released after this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭happytramp

neris wrote: »
    Though his top ten looks very secure

Not much consolation though.... he had a top 10 last year and was nowhere near as strong as he is this year... Extremely poor support from his team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Weird logged into my eurosport account (perfect HD quality internet better than home as ever) but commentary in polish didn't expect that. Good job I speak It.
    In Krakow , yeh i know a couple of weeks too early.

Jest szczęściarz!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

happytramp wrote: »
    Not much consolation though.... he had a top 10 last year and was nowhere near as strong as he is this year... Extremely poor support from his team.

Aru doesn't have much team support but is up there. Dan just wasn't good enough. He couldn't go with his team mate.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Green tinted glasses are truly on in here. Kittel is their number 1, always will be and he will be the man sponsors will follow and sponsors want to see. He's still in green too, maybe not for long, but as long as he is, its his name in the papers and his that will attract the money more so than Dan. It's unfortunate, but he knew this when signing up most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Weepsie wrote: »
    Green tinted glasses are truly on in here. Kittel is their number 1, always will be and he will be the man sponsors will follow and sponsors want to see. He's still in green too, maybe not for long, but as long as he is, its his name in the papers and his that will attract the money more so than Dan. It's unfortunate, but he knew this when signing up most likely.

Hey get busy with the preview and selection...you have the power:eek: :D

• Advertisement

Lefevere is under pressure with a budget for next year and has said he cannot keep everyone

He is not a GT man...said it several times....He wants a classic team...and never builds a GT team

So I imagine Kittel, Gilbert, Allapillipe, Jungels, Sybar are his priorities

• Registered Users Posts: 7,670 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Don't be surprised if dan struggles on the galibier tomorrow now that a podium place is unlikely

• Registered Users Posts: 14,399 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Jest szczęściarz!

tak bardzo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Inquitus wrote: »
    Gotta blame his team, sacrificed everyone on Kittel and failed.

I think it was silly to sacrifice so many riders. Did they think Kittel would be out the back on his own. Very unlikely. Ultimately, there were riders behind Kittel so even more bizarre team tactics. Dan was honest saying he had poor legs but he must be seething (and not showing it) at being so isolated with GC game on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭happytramp

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    I think it was silly to sacrifice so many riders. Did they think Kittel would be out the back on his own. Very unlikely. Ultimately, there were riders behind Kittel so even more bizarre team tactics. Dan was honest saying he had poor legs but he must be seething (and not showing it) at being so isolated with GC game on.

Where was he when the crash happened?... It had been fairly cagey in the build up so he should have been tucked in with Froomes, Bardet, Aru etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭blackcard

Dan badly exposed there. Didn't have the legs to go with his team mate. He is well out of it now.

Froome, Bardet, Aru and Uran are now the main pretenders.

Froome so smart in the run in. He constantly went back into the group to shelter from the wind.

The wind seemed to be very strong as they came to the finish.
    Dan, Kittle and a number of the team were under the weather today, that is racing

• Registered Users Posts: 28 gyraterosboy

Stage 17 is 'make or break' for Dan!

Go for it Dan

blackcard wrote: »
    Dan, Kittle and a number of the team were under the weather today, that is racing

Gilbert must have been the worst given his abandon before the start. Stomach issues. I recall some talk on commentary in one of the recent races on this issue of illness could have been switzerland or route de sud about the challenges of staying healthy from drinking the water to particles on the road to something contagious between team mates sharing a room/bus. Most likely it was Magnus giving some great insight as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Gilbert must have been the worst given his abandon before the start. Stomach issues. I recall some talk on commentary in one of the recent races on this issue of illness could have been switzerland or route de sud about the challenges of staying healthy from drinking the water to particles on the road to something contagious between team mates sharing a room/bus. Most likely it was Magnus giving some great insight as usual.

Not to forget about how vulnerable the immune system gets this far into a three week race with all the crap they are ingesting (gels, etc) and the efforts placed on the body.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

AVERAGE speed over the last 12km
    Chris Froome (SKY) 54.7km/h - Dan Martin (QST) 52.5km/h

Matthews (SUN) sped up to 71.5km/h to fend off Boasson Hagen (DDD) & Degenkolb (TFS) and take a second stage win.

More great stats on :

http://www2.dimensiondata.com/tourdefrance/blog/analytics-in-action-stage-16?utm_source=Twitter_LeTourData&utm_medium=Organic&utm_campaign=TDF2017&utm_content=TDF_AnalyticsInActionBlog&utm_SFDC_CampaignID=701D0000000bua0&utm_SFDC_Offer=TDF_AnalyticsInActionBlog

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement
Advertisement