Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Road to London....... Build up to World Championships mod notes #342 and #653

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Weepsie wrote: »
    Unrepentant doper and general a d!CK over the years.

He's still benefiting from years of steroid abuse and shouldnt be allowed run anyway

Just proved yo himself you can win without cheating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,188 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Suck it, boo boys! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭unichick

Gutted. 2 lengthy drug bans. Should never have been allowed enter the race. This makes a mockery of the sport. Blake the same. Will miss u Usain. Gatlin not so much.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Again as with last night they are all as bad as each other.
    Father time caught up with the best of them but I did expect Coleman to beat him.
    Gatlin at his age ran as well as you'd expect of him, however he does it they all do.

The result should make athletics look at itself in the mirror but the denial will go on and the odd person who gets caught by not being as careful as the rest will be the panto villan.
    The show must go on...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

adrian522 wrote: »

Was unusually slow over first 20 metres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    The BBC are sick

As awesome?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Was unusually slow over first 20 metres.

Was slow the whole race. Just like the two heats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Athletics just lost its superstar

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Does anyone remember Gatlin being booed in London 2012... he got the bronze there. If he did it wasn't on any level like this. Thanks to the cnuts at the BBC and Cram, in particular, for turning that race and Gatlin into a pantomime.

Gatlin deserves the boo's but so does every other athlete on the track that returned from a drugs ban. That didn't happen. The British public have small minds. God bless them when the sh*t hits the fan soon.

When, eventually, their great hero is brought down, Cram and co will be left to choke on their sycophancy and good vs evil nonsense.

• Advertisement

But he has benefitted from growth hormone steroids and poor implementation of rules. He was supposed to be banned for life but that got changed to 8 and then 4 years for some reason. He has no place there at all. His titles should have a big asterisks beside it

No no sir, served his time, get over it. Bolt was 3rd not even 2nd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Unrepentant doper and general a d!CK over the years.

He's still benefiting from years of steroid abuse and shouldnt be allowed run anyway

Is there strong scientific knowledge that one still benefits from steroid years after using them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,909 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

A championship too far for Bolt.

Nice guy, but to watch the slo-mo and see him struggling and straining to the line, whereas in the past he'd have been smiling and looking around him, just proves he is well past his best.

I for one also find it hard to believe he was 100% drug free throughout his career. Maybe I'm just cynical.

NIMAN wrote: »

Nice guy, but to watch the slo-mo and see him struggling and straining to the line, whereas in the past he'd have been smiling and looking around him, just proves he is well past his best.

I for one also find it hard to believe he was 100% drug free throughout his career. Maybe I'm just cynical.

You're just cynical!

I would believe he was always drug free. He just a freak of a man in a nice way and a hell of an athlete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Testosterscone

Burial. wrote: »
    Delighted for Gatlin. Amazing sprinter.

What ever about his doping past and personal opinion aside, technically he is one of the smoothest sprinters around. He has played the villain card fairly well and has gotten some abuse since his return

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

"I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles" - Lance Armstrong, 2005

He didn't though, never did. His bans were 2 and 8 years. He served less than 5 overall due to cowardice of USADA in the end.

Just stop as it stands he is champion. Always the bridesmaid and now the bride at 35

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Bolt started poorly again tonight and that cost him the gold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

He was the bride before, but he can't wear white... lol

• Advertisement

One thing's for sure..the winning time was not PEDs enhanced...

Although, aged 35 it's a great time...mmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

What ever about his doping past and personal opinion aside, technically he is one of the smoothest sprinters around. He has played the villain card fairly well and has gotten some abuse since his return

Yeah, it's why I always root for Blake and him. Bolt's technique was always hideous. Kind of like Chris Froome in Cycling.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Jayesdiem

Delighted for Gatlin - phenomenal achievement at this age. Doping or not doping, I couldn't give a fcuk either way - well done Gatlin, you've worked as hard as anyone to achieve this fantastic victory. In your face goody two-shoes Steve Cram.

On the doping, it is rife naive people and is everywhere. If you don't like it, stop watching sport and turn your attention to arts and crafts or flower arranging but for the love of god change the record. Doping is here to stay, like it or not. On the after effects of previous use....that research was in rodents. Not yet applicable to humans. Great night for people who love sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

Why do people think the Bolt is doping? Just an honest question that I'd like to hear peoples answers to.

Bolt started poorly again tonight and that cost him the gold.

The start, middle and end..he had started poorly many times.

The power and drive and energy not what it was..

SB time says it all. And his heats showed us this.

Previous slow heats were due to him trotting the last 25 metres.

Just stop as it stands he is champion. Always the bridesmaid and now the bride at 35

He is Olympic Champion (2004( and Double World Champion (2005) before this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

No love for Gatlin but **** Steve Cram is an odious bollocks altogether, so on that front I'm delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Jayesdiem

Mr_Muffin wrote: »
    Why do people think the Bolt is doping? Just an honest question that I'd like to hear peoples answers to.

Because he's kicked the sh1t out of proven dopers.

Mr_Muffin wrote: »

This is one of the main reasons.

http://www.track-stats.com/drug-100m-the-fastest-men-and-their-bans/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,808 ✭✭✭✭bilston

velo.2010 wrote: »
    The British public have small minds. God bless them when the sh*t hits the fan soon.

When, eventually, their great hero is brought down, Cram and co will be left to choke on their sycophancy and good vs evil nonsense.

Some anti British waffle there.

Anyway I don't really like the booing of Gatlin but at the same time I didn't want him to win. If not Bolt then Coleman. Tight race though. Assuming he is clean it was impressive from Gatlin at his age.

Advertisement