Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Road to London....... Build up to World Championships mod notes #342 and #653

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Save us from this madness Wade! Make it better....Pleeeaaassseeee.
    0b11f70ce39044079ef94b604d53a2b5.jpg
    Goodnight all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

snowflaker wrote: »
    I don't care what he achieved with Wales and the Lions, I don't like him!

Must try harder.

OOnegative wrote: »
    Thing that amazes me is the amount of Athletics experts that appear on this forum when a controversial thread opens up, must be a quiet night in the After Hours forum.........#fliesaround****e

So you joined 3-4 months back, this is your first major championships on this forum, and you noticed a rise in posts?

It's uncanny. You'd think there'd be the exact same whether after the 100m final in the World Championship or the Ballydehob 10km.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 92 ✭✭The Bin Man

So you joined 3-4 months back, this is your first major championships on this forum, and you noticed a rise in posts?

It's uncanny. You'd think there'd be the exact same whether after the 100m final in the World Championship or the Ballydehob 10km.

Two great coppers walk into a bar...:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Folks, can we please remember the charter about no doping speculation.

No more verbal warnings. Any more doping speculation will gat a card.

Did not get a chance to read this thread myself yesterday btw so some stuff may be missed, no chance I've got through everything just from reported posts...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

Anyone know if there are trackers for the marathons today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

velo.2010 wrote: »
    Skip to 2.55. A couple of boo's maybe for Gatlin, but a lot more cheers.

Amazing what 5 years and some sanctimonious moralising by the BBC can do.

Stop with the madness of blaming the BBC. This race distance is a joke so I don't watch it on any channel but I'd still boo any doper if I was at the event, especially when known cheaters win.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Caprica

Looking forward to both marathons today. Best of luck to the Irish team hope they all run well, disappointing to hear that Pollock has pulled out. It will be interesting to see how well Callum Hawkins does, I wonder will he improve on his Rio placing?

Great to see Yuki Kawauchi on team Japan, the citizen runner. This is his 6th marathon of the year. I think he now holds the record for the mos sub 2:12 marathons. Hope he has a great day out, whatever happens he will leave it all on the road.

Enjoying the champs so far. Not a Mo fan but that was a great race on Friday night. Bolt looked poor all year (by his very high standards), the disappointment of Cram and Foster was funny. Ayala was seriously impressive in the womens's 10k, great to see Dibaba on the podium again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Anyway, now that the Bolt show is over........:)

https://twitter.com/irishathletics/status/894113327143567360

Irish marathoners in action.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

100m medal ceremony potentially being moved so that the stadium will be empty. The media are taking a bit of responsibility for the stadiums reactions as well, but pointing out that the problem is the rules that let Gatlin back in rather than Gatlin himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Barking up the wrong tree here. The poster has been a regular for years. Left for a while and came back. Regulars around here know that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Love the way there's never any doping chat on the football forum anytime Spain take to the field. #cluelessclowns

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Medal ceremony switched from 8pm to 6:45pm. Crowd enters stadium 5 minutes later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭rom

Eurosport are showing the marathon rather than gaps in the track for kjt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Love the way there's never any doping chat on the football forum anytime Spain take to the field. #cluelessclowns

You can't compare doping in athletics with soccer. The potential gains in soccer are nowhere near comparable. Doping won't help to curl the ball into the top corner. Yes it might help in extra time or at the end of a long season but nowhere near as much an effect.

Moving the medal ceremony is laughable. Denying a sendoff to one of the greatest athletes because a multiple doper might be booed.

Life bans or forget about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Thomas Barr is up now

5th and out...very disappointing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

Erik Shin wrote:
    5th and out...very disappointing

Injuries have ruined him this year

Al_Coholic wrote: »
    Injuries have ruined him this year

Depends on that line step...could be a DQ for an athlete and he might sneak in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭rom

Lucky one for Barr.

• Advertisement

McMaster got a DQ... So Barr is in !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Erik Shin wrote: »

as predicted! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Jammy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭torqtorq

That will be protested.

Very harsh DQ.

However BIV may not be experts at appealing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,051 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Erik Shin wrote: »

You called it a full 10 minutes before "expert" Colin Jackson!

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

Farrah stepped off the track on Friday and nothing happened
    That's an extremely harsh DQ this morning

There was a hurdle for him to jump over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Completely different scenario..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

rom wrote: »
    Lucky one for Barr.

Yep - he never seemed to get going

Has he been injured this year?

• Advertisement