Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Road to London....... Build up to World Championships mod notes #342 and #653

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

BBC switching from BBC1 to Bbc2 at 9 just to let you know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Delighted for Bradshaw, ignore that twat of a coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

YFlyer wrote: »
    Looking for a good lane.

What I was thinking.

It's that or he was unaware he was well clear of 3rd..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

walshb wrote: »
    What I was thinking.

It's that or he was unaware he was well clear of 3rd..

Not sure. Think he be able to see on the big screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

I say Jackson would have a soft spot for Merritt .

• Advertisement

YFlyer wrote: »
    I say Jackson would have a soft spot for Merritt .

I'd have a different kind of spot for that Canadian pole vaulter

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Jayesdiem

Delighted for Bradshaw, ignore that twat of a coach.

What was he at? So much attention seeking, I've never seen a coach act so self-indulgently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭Coffee Fulled Runner

Jayesdiem wrote: »
    What was he at? So much attention seeking, I've never seen a coach act so self-indulgently.

Total geebag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Really couldn't see what got red flag on Kovacs throw there.

Korir was also way too casual in that 800 so deservedly out. He looked like he stopped running about 100m from the line. Disappointed with Brazier too, thought he'd have a good run off Amos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭JohnDozer

titan18 wrote: »
    Really couldn't see what got red flag on Kovacs throw there.

Korir was also way too casual in that 800 so deservedly out. He looked like he stopped running about 100m from the line. Disappointed with Brazier too, thought he'd have a good run off Amos

Kovacs foot clipped the top of the boundary as he was winding up, pre-release. I presume that's considered part of the throw as well so that's why it got red flagged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Bowie wins by a slightly bigger tit

Delighted for Schippers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,188 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Ta Lou with the Irish flag. :D

Thiam is a great athlete.

Can we claim Tomas Walsh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

According to the BBC there was only one pole vaulter in the women's competition and she didn't win... totally crap coverage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭RuMan

According to the BBC there was only one pole vaulter in the women's competition and she didn't win... totally crap coverage

No different here, if RTE bothered to show it. Remember watching Sonia in the US and they went to the gymnastics mid race ! Kerri bloody Strug

Despite ads, Eurosport's coverage is way better due to the lack of a studio. You probably actually see more athletics as they're not going back and forth all the time between track events

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,483 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

RTE is not showing it because RTE has no money left. Posted a €20m loss for FY 2016. Unfortunately TV3 didn't step in and snap it up either. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Gave up bothering about the BBC bias years ago,I just enjoy the uninterrupted coverage and Micheal Johnson.

• Advertisement

Johnson is good but still plays to the beat of BBC to some extent. Possibly to ensure the ongoing pay packet into the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭RuMan

Murph_D wrote: »
    RTE is not showing it because RTE has no money left. Posted a €20m loss for FY 2016. Unfortunately TV3 didn't step in and snap it up either. :rolleyes:

Between Tubs and Darcy ur looking at about 1 mill, how much would the worlds costs ?

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Johnson is good but still plays to the beat of BBC to some extent. Possibly to ensure the ongoing pay packet into the future.

You clearly didn't hear him sticking it to Steve Cram and the media as a whole for making a villain out of Gatlin.

Faugheen wrote: »

You clearly didn't hear him sticking it to Steve Cram and the media as a whole for making a villain out of Gatlin.

No, I clearly did. I've watched a lot of Johnson over the years. I'm not going to form my opinion on one incident.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Not a lot they can do about it though. The nature of athletics events is that loads of things are going on at once, and they only have a couple of minutes between each track event to fit in a few of the jump throw events. Have to pick and choose who to show and just showing a bunch of jumpers hanging around between each jump doesn't make for great TV compared to the track events.

But you already know that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Barr withdraws from the hurdles due to gastroenteritis. Bad luck

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

28064212 wrote: »
    :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭JohnDozer

28064212 wrote: »

Ringing in sick? On a Monday!? With 'gastroenteritis'!? I dunno....

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I was thinking he didn't look well yesterday. Very gaunt looking. I wonder was he not feeling well yesterday and thought it would pass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Faugheen wrote: »

He was also the only one on the BBC coverage to doubt Bolt after the first heat,before and after the semi-final and before the final.I think he is excellent as an analyst.

Advertisement