Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Road to London....... Build up to World Championships mod notes #342 and #653

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,188 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

What a shocking fall for the Trinidadian hurdler. :eek: Looked like she was shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Just watched the 200 there, thought rvn done great consider his semi final and having won the 400 already, I imagine he'll go for the double again after that.

He said any future doubles will likely be 100/200, not 400/200.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Chivito550 wrote: »
    He said any future doubles will likely be 100/200, not 400/200.

ah okay. At least then going for the WR is more likely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

What finals are on tonight??

sorry read that wrong, hopefully he sticks to the 400...

• Advertisement

akelly02 wrote: »
    What finals are on tonight??

17:00 17:00 M High Jump Decathlon
    19:05 19:05 W 100 Metres Hurdles Semi-Final
    19:10 19:10 W Long Jump Final Startlist
    19:35 19:35 W 800 Metres Semi-Final Startlist
    20:10 20:10 M 1500 Metres Semi-Final Startlist
    20:30 20:30 M Hammer Throw Final Startlist
    20:45 20:45 M 400 Metres Decathlon
    21:25 21:25 W 3000 Metres Steeplechase Final Startlist
    21:50 21:50 W 200 Metres Final Startlist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Eyes Down Field

Women's 200 final tonight. I just hope Schippers is beaten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Women's 200 final tonight. I just hope Schippers is beaten.

Why?

Todd Gack wrote: »
    Johnson also had an extra round in both events

Just watched his 200 and 400 finals from 1995..

Absolute stunning to watch him in full flow....He decimated both fields.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

walshb wrote: »
    It is

It is played in Europe, the Americas, Asia and Australia and Africa.

Myself and the lads were in Stockholm in 2009 on a weekend on the beer, and at 3am outside a nightclub, 10 of us performed a scrum.

The locals had no clue what it was.

Sweden are 61 in the world. Global my foot.

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Myself and the lads were in Stockholm in 2009 on a weekend on the beer, and at 3am outside a nightclub, 10 of us performed a scrum.

The locals had no clue what it was.

I'd take a bet you could do the same in the Aviva and they wouldn't have a clue either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Eyes Down Field

akelly02 wrote: »
    Why?

She's the white devil. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,302 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The American athletes aren't lacking for confidence to be fair to them.kori Carter is talking to the BBC and she come across as supremely confident in her ability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Where is Sally Pearson btw?

tunguska wrote: »
    Where is Sally Pearson btw?

She was in the first semi final of the hurdles and she coasted through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Testosterscone

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    The American athletes aren't lacking for confidence to be fair to them.kori Carter is talking to the BBC and she come across as supremely confident in her ability.

Given that the US trials was harder than the world championship final this year the ones who did come out of it should be confident.

Sub 53 clockings were needed just to make the US team with the fastest ever 6th place (World Junior record of 53.82)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Did the Beeb apologise there cause she said 'kill face'? Sweet baby jebus people get offended about anything these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

Just switched on, why was Gabby Logan apologising to viewers for something that was said in an interview?

pc7 wrote: »
    Did the Beeb apologise there cause she said 'kill face'? Sweet baby jebus people get offended about anything these days.

No she apologised because kori Carter said the word "spastic" in an interview. It's not considered a derogatory term in the USA.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    No she apologised because kori Carter said the word "spastic" in an interview. It's not considered a derogatory term in the USA.

Aw fair enough missed her saying that, damn kids ruining athletics on me!

Bit harsh on Sharp being DQ'ed. Bit of barging but she didn't negatively impede

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

The first 2 finishers in the last women's 800m prelimary are very masculine looking. Different clothing being worn too.

That DQ looks very harsh when they showed the camera angle looking down the track and Lindsay sharp didn't even have her eyes open so she hardly knew what she was doing.

The first 2 finishers in the last women's 800m prelimary are very masculine looking. Different clothing being worn too.

Part of the big 3.

There has one been one race in the last 2 years where anyone outside of these three athletes has beaten them (Monaco this year) since CAS overturned the IAAF hyperandrogenism policy.

There has been speculation regarding T levels and gender though this has never been conclusively determined to the best of my knowledge

Andrews going out takes out a huge danger element if the final is taken out slow, won't be seeing a Centrowitz style surprise like last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Part of the big 3.

There has one been one race in the last 2 years where anyone outside of these three athletes has beaten them (Monaco this year) since CAS overturned the IAAF hyperandrogenism policy.

There has been speculation regarding T levels and gender though this has never been conclusively determined to the best of my knowledge

Didn't know there were another 2 athletes like Semenya. They are on a different playing field to the other girls.

Great to see Willis scrape through especially given the season he has had talk about rounding into shape at just the right time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭rom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

It's a steeplechase!
    You have to do the water jump!
    :pac:
    where was her head?

Advertisement