Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Road to London....... Build up to World Championships mod notes #342 and #653

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Ciara up now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

walshb wrote: »
    Ciara up now.

Ciara in real trouble

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Well that doesn't bode well.

Very quick for a heat, though.

Unfortunately nowhere. Heat was stacked..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

McGeehan completely run out of it. That is pretty disappointing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Faugheen wrote: »
    Well that doesn't bode well.

Very quick for a heat, though.

Where did she finish?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Where did she finish?

Well adrift. She couldn't handle the pace and was at the back and then cut adrift once the pace picked up over the last lap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Testosterscone

Where did she finish?

13th which confirms she is out (6 fastest losers so maximum of 12 could have went through)

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Won't be at all surprised if her time is faster than some qualifiers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Ciara ran 4.10.60. 6th place in the second heat was 4.09.32, so if she'd been in the second heat, you'd imagine she would have run more evenly and gotten through (as might some other non-automatic qualifiers). Means nothing to her now I'd imagine. Must be heartbroken. When you're teetering on the edge of qualification though, it's always going to be a coin toss.

• Advertisement

Just watching the other races they all seem fairly quick to me anyway and not just Ciara's race.

Hassan looked very controlled, seems to be very tactically aware and covered moves pretty well, Think it will be between here a G Dibaba as I don't think Muir can contend with that, Semenya again looked to just do enough though might be down to negotiating the schedule but she never seems to get out of 3rd gear will be interesting to see if she goes for it. Delighted to see Klosterhaulfen get through after going for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

I like Ciara but she was nowhere near the required standard there. That's just not good enough on the night that matters and she can have no complaints really, fastest losers were running 4:05.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

velo.2010 wrote: »
    Giving both channels a chance but.... The athletics seems to get in the way of BBC talking continuous ****e. Plenty of complaints on Twitter already. Eurosport are actually showing the live coverage but the amount of adverts is ridiculous.

IAAF World Athletics Club are live on their Facebook page.

I like Ciara but she was nowhere near the required standard there. That's just not good enough on the night that matters and she can have no complaints really, fastest losers were running 4:05.

To be fair going by her comments she doesn't, said she just couldnt get the legs going after 800m. Not the start the small Irish team needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Caprica

That was a disappointing run from Ciara but she just didn't look comfortable from the off, she is ranked 34th overall. The standard was surprisingly high, the slowest of the fastest losers was 4.05.48. It's going to be very tough to make the final. I would imagine it's between Dibaba, Hassan, Semenya & Kipyegon for the medals. I would love to see Muir get a medal but I think it's a big ask, her stress fracture from early in the season could cost her.

Semenya barely looked to be working in the home straight. Delighted for Klosterhalfen, she had to work in the home straight but I am a fan of her go for it style.

Great atmosphere in the stadium. Have already given up on the BBC, way to much talking rubbish. Although Eurosport is now saddled with Jonathan Edwards.

Owl Crammy has some hard on for Bolt.

Looked quite laboured in that heat...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Those blocks were shaking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Please please someone beat Farah, I can't listen to the brits anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭wildgreen

Please please someone beat Farah, I can't listen to the brits anymore.

Agreed.

The BBC has Ciara down as British in the results: http://www.bbc.com/sport/athletics/results

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Bugsy2000

Did one of the Ethiopians just pull a muscle on the start line of the 10k just now?

Cheptegei could be pivitol to the race between Mo and Kamworor

Bugsy2000 wrote: »
    Did one of the Ethiopians just pull a muscle on the start line of the 10k just now?

No...I think the pace was just too much for him..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Boys at the front working together. Plenty of hand signals between them

This will be Mo's hardest earned global win should he win!

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Bugsy2000

walshb wrote: »
    No...I think the pace was just too much for him..

He had a very awkward push off, nearly looked like he was startled by the gun, and looked like he was limping from the gun. Stepped off after the first bend.

Come on someone beat Farah..good race.

Bugsy2000 wrote: »
    He had a very awkward push off, nearly looked like he was startled by the gun, and looked like he was limping from the gun. Stepped off after the first bend.

I know..was just on the wind up..

Some pace this..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Can't stand fat face foster's commentary

• Advertisement

Those back markers should be pulled off the track!

Advertisement