Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Road to London....... Build up to World Championships mod notes #342 and #653

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Why not? Surely the IAAF set their own rules and athletes should sign up to agree. I know there is a fine line between being clean/not with various supplements but there seems to be no desire to punish athletes.

I don't think this is the thread for the discussion but people can have doping violations through no real fault of their own, missing 3 tests, not checking a label/prescribed drug etc.

It wouldn't stand up to an appeal to CAS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Superquinn wrote: »
    The lack of questioning by the respected BBC is shambolic. The booing for Gatlin was just glossed over. Mo's performance, despite him being at retirement age wasn't questioned, nor was his coach. It's the same for the TDF. Commentators don't mention the obvious. More concerned about keeping in with the powers that be

BBC in particular, and the UK media in general, have doubled down on the Mo story a long time ago. His links with the tainted Salazar are just glossed over, and never mentioned. BBC have gone big on prime time coverage of these championships, being sold as a repeat of the 2012 Olympic games, starring Mo and Bolt. I guess it's naive to ask them to through a critical eye on those circles, most of casual, non sports viewers don't want to hear anything about doping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Testosterscone

Why not? Surely the IAAF set their own rules and athletes should sign up to agree. I know there is a fine line between being clean/not with various supplements but there seems to be no desire to punish athletes.

IAAF have to answer to CAS

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Superquinn

Wonder will you hear about Daley Blind being non compliant with testers after Europa Cup final from pundits during the super cup, or will Sky mention the missing test samples from Westmeath GAA during the SFC games this weekend.

Its not specific to the "dirty" sports

Agree 100 PC. Sure all Spanish athletes of all codes are tainted. Rugby is riddled with it also. You just have to suspend belief when you see the likes of Russia being proven of systemic state doping still being allowed participate at Rio. All the Russian soccer players were brought back to the Russian league aswell which can only mean one thing. It's a sad state of affairs, but any outstanding performance in athletics is immeaditly questioned ( well by me anyway :) ) Oh to be back in the days when you were an innocent kid watching these events lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

If you lifetime banned everyone who was into doping and magically deleted them from existence, the second fastest 100m would be 9.82 ran by Richard Thompson and Coleman who runs tonight as well. Of the top 60 times ever, only 17 were done by athletes not tied to doping. All 17 were by Bolt. If you think Maurice Greene was clean, then it's 21 of the 30 top times ever are tainted by doping. The other 9 are from Bolt. Sprinting will always be rife with doping. Just the way it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

MJ saying Bolt looked great in the semi...

Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Is there not a 200m race to come? Why is this Bolts last race?

Is there not a 200m race to come? Why is this Bolts last race?

He did not enter the 200...

Every sports person finishes up some time..

Seems odd to not enter the 200 considering it's his stronger event surely the more nailed on gold for him?

Don't false start, Usain!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭4Ad

Even I'm nervous !
    Go Usain....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

The BBC cringe over bolt

Seems odd to not enter the 200 considering it's his stronger event surely the more nailed on gold for him?

But the prep and training for it may have been too much effort for him

Plus, if finishing your career on a race it has to be the far more prestigious 100.

Hope Blake wins guys been through a lot of injuries and has always lived in Bolts shadow i'd like to see him have his moment,, i know he already won a world gold but Bolt false started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Well, shyte

Ah FFS the last guy you want to win. Bolt 3rd!

Like I thought...slow...

Bolt just not up to his real level..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,613 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

sickening that the drug cheat won

Sickened should never be in that or indeed any race, his win is meaningless in my eyes once a cheat always a cheat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭4Ad

On ****e to that...
    I was looking at Coleman...
    Didn't see Gatlin...hmmmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Ha, feck all the booers when they cheer for Blake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

The BBC are sick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

I'm delighted for Gatlin, had it won last year only he dipped to early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Way to be a party pooper Gatlin

Bolt is still the sports GOAT..

D Ali of track and field!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Delighted for Gatlin. Amazing sprinter.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Lesnar Defender

lol, people are acting like Gatlin is only person to ever touch a PED in his life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

snowflaker wrote: »
    Way to be a party pooper Gatland!

Wrong sport, Gatland is a rugby coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

OOnegative wrote: »
    Wrong sport, Gatland is a rugby coach.

Oops

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Poor Justin should go for a lap of honour. Modest chap.

Advertisement