Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IS it completely worth buying a TV from Northern Ireland?

• 17-07-2017 5:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am from Dublin. I am thinking of buying a TV worth more than 2500 euros from a dealer based in Northern Ireland. What are the Cons of buying from NOrthern Ireland.

Will I be covered legally if the TV does not work after a few days.
    WIll the original manufactures warranty work unrestricted here?

Regards,
    Kevin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,526 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The warranty will be fine but it will be up to you to bring it back to the shop where you bought it.

You can ask over in Cable & digital TV but I'm not sure if a UK TV is guaranteed to be 100% compatible with Saorview.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Hi,

The usual principle of "buyer beware" is the one to heed here - if you have any doubt about the terms of the guarantee or warranty etc, you should get the details in writing from the supplier you're thinking of dealing with. You need to ask them for the exact information you want - if they're geared up for selling TVs in this part of the country then they should have already encountered similar queries and will have no problem responding clearly and unambiguously. Then you can make your mind up if this is the right choice for you.

Richersounds are based in Belfast and have a "Talk to" forum here on Boards - if by any chance that is the company you're thinking of dealing with then you could post a query on their forum here - they're pretty good at responding promptly to Boardies.

Cheers,

Ritz.

Serious savings to be had. Richersounds are the best value up there. 6 yr warranty also. Ye dont even have t go up. Just leave d website in pounds and pay £6.99 delivery. If u switch it to Euro it doesn't equate to how crap d Sterling is at d moment I saved bout €200 on a TV that was €800 down here. Bout€100 saving on a Sonos speaker too.

I can't recommend d new Sony Android tvs. Best piece of kit I've bought in a long time. The Samsung I bought down here for twice d price less than a year before doesn't even come close

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭kevincool

The dealer seem to be good. They said that the TV is Saorview compatible also. I am buying an LG TV worth 2700 euros so I am a bit worried, are they any mines I need to look out for.

The Tv has 6 year warranty and the dealer says in case of an issue LG company in Dublin will deal with the warranty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,511 ✭✭✭✭Victor

How easy is it to transport?

Add it to your insurance! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭kevincool

I decided to buy from harvey norman in rathfar....Not much of a price difference currently.

Advertisement