Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice regarding access

• 17-07-2017 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Apologies if in the wrong place..

Hi all just looking for some advice please. I've been legally separated from my wife now for the past 6 years and we have an 11 year old daughter together. She's always kind of picked and chosen when suits her for me to see our daughter and as of right now we only have equal guardianship.

Anyways I've had a new partner for over a year and a half now and she's never been introduced to my daughter due to the trouble it would cause. we've recently decided that we would like to start saving for a mortgage so I'd ideally like my daughter to start seeing my partner now so she will be accustomed to the idea of her before finding this woman living in a home with me.

I've put this forward to my ex and it's safe to say she hit the roof. She has now removed all access and won't let me see my daughter unless I end my relationship as apparently I've to choose one or the other. I'm just wondering what rights do I have here I'm worried to go down the court route as she has actually said she will get my daughter to tell a judge she doesnt want to see me. At what age will my daughter be asked to stand up in court and do So?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

This is a tough one. You really are between a rock and a hard place but there is light. Is there any chance you and the ex could go to mediation. A mediator would likely point out that in a lot of cases when one parent turns a child against the other it blows up in their face down the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,382 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Apologies if in the wrong place..

Hi all just looking for some advice please. I've been legally separated from my wife now for the past 6 years and we have an 11 year old daughter together. She's always kind of picked and chosen when suits her for me to see our daughter and as of right now we only have equal guardianship.

Anyways I've had a new partner for over a year and a half now and she's never been introduced to my daughter due to the trouble it would cause. we've recently decided that we would like to start saving for a mortgage so I'd ideally like my daughter to start seeing my partner now so she will be accustomed to the idea of her before finding this woman living in a home with me.

I've put this forward to my ex and it's safe to say she hit the roof. She has now removed all access and won't let me see my daughter unless I end my relationship as apparently I've to choose one or the other. I'm just wondering what rights do I have here I'm worried to go down the court route as she has actually said she will get my daughter to tell a judge she doesnt want to see me. At what age will my daughter be asked to stand up in court and do So?

Thanks in advance.

Before you say or do anything else, see a solicitor with expertise in divorce. Your ex is playing a very dangerous game. Getting her daughter to perjure herself in court won't exactly help her cause regarding custody.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭braceface

That's terribly unfair of her, both me & my ex have new partners who we have (slowly, carefully) introduced to our son. You do need legal advice, you can give One Family a call for basic advice: 1890 662 212 /l support@onefamily.ie. or FLAC were very good to me: 1890 350 250 / www.flac.ie

Advertisement