Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open claim

Options
  • 17-07-2017 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭

It's car insurance renewal time and my insurance is gone up. This is because there is a claim against me, an accident I was involved in last December.

The accident was not my fault but the other fella has a claim in against me. It is still an open case since December. I have been informed by other insurance companies that they will not quote me as I have an open claim .

is my insurance company falsely keeping the claim case open so that I can't move insurer. Is this something they do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Wesser wrote: »
    is my insurance company falsely keeping the claim case open so that I can't move insurer. Is this something they do.

Unfortunately that's the reality :( I wouldn't suspect they do it on purpose, the system is inefficient above imagination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Wesser wrote:

No they are not. You believe the claim against you is false and your insurers are trying to defend your position and reject the claim. This can take time

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

As Sue says, these things are slow moving. Nothing nefarious.

Advertisement