Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric gate GSM module problem

Options
  • 17-07-2017 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi Guys
    I have a V2 City 100 with a GSW1 gsm module, all working fine until the I needed to switch sim card as other one got cancelled. I powered down gate, inserted new sim and gave code to allow access i.e ;+CLPEN=2; . Tried it first time by ringing the gate and works fine but then if I try again it rings and hangs up (as normal) but gate wont open. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?
    thanks in advance :D

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

All of these issues are a process of elimination. The issue is most likely with either the GSM module or the gate control panel.

The GSM module provides a normally open dry contact to the gate control panel. When activated it should close this contact for about a second then open it again.

This is what I would do:
    Identify the terminals on the gate control panel.
    Disconnect the GSM module from these terminals.
    Short these terminals together for about one second.
    See if the gates open. If they do the gate control panel is ok.

If try a different SIM card in the GDM module. Don't forget to turn off the PIN request first. Measure continuity across the dry contact. It should be open circuit. Ring the SIM and it should close for about 1 second. Failing that read the manual.

There are a lot of cheap and nast GSM modules out there.

Let us know how you get on.

Apologies for typos, on iPhone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭shooter69

2011 wrote: »
    All of these issues are a process of elimination. The issue is most likely with either the GSM module or the gate control panel.

The GSM module provides a normally open dry contact to the gate control panel. When activated it should close this contact for about a second then open it again.

This is what I would do:
    Identify the terminals on the gate control panel.
    Disconnect the GSM module from these terminals.
    Short these terminals together for about one second.
    See if the gates open. If they do the gate control panel is ok.

If try a different SIM card in the GDM module. Don't forget to turn off the PIN request first. Measure continuity across the dry contact. It should be open circuit. Ring the SIM and it should close for about 1 second. Failing that read the manual.

There are a lot of cheap and nast GSM modules out there.

Let us know how you get on.

Apologies for typos, on iPhone :)

Hi 2011

Yep panel is fine , we have a key fob and then an intercom in the house and both work fine . The weird thing is when I power down and insert SIM card (pin disabled) and then ring the number - gate opens ! But then wait a few mins for gate to close and SIM card rings as normal but gate won't open , I read online that some units "forget" after power down and so needs some code to be texted to sim but I'm not sure . If I power off gate and power up again same think happens - works fine first time then rings and hangs up but no gate opening - weird !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

OP just throwing this out; was your old SIM card a 2G and new one a 3G by any chance?

kub wrote: »
    OP just throwing this out; was your old SIM card a 2G and new one a 3G by any chance?

Hi Kub
    No both are 3G

shooter69 wrote: »
    Hi Kub
    No both are 3G

Got it sorted lads , system must default to os1=1 , change os1=2 and happy days ðŸ‘

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭saorviewseeker

My gate has intermittent issues when opening gate with phone. More often than not, when phone rings, gate will open and open for four feet and stops. Other times it opens normally. Please note, it works OK on both key fob and key pad opener. Something else occurred last week when my wife got a new phone, it intermittently opens 3/4 way and stops. Other times works OK. Decided to replace sim to see if this worked but sadly not, it's still the same.

Advertisement