Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work placement help??

Options
  • 17-07-2017 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

So i decided that im leaving my work placement in regards to my own health and safety. I was severely bullied and this has damaged my mental health severely. I have been diagnosed with depression and have been feeling suicidal because of all of this. Is there any way for me to proceed into second year without completing my placement?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,315 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I'm sure there's many options for you, including taking time out of college altogether to work on your well being, if required. I assume you've been in contact with a medical professional regarding your current mental state? I would also recommend some counselling. Contact your relevant college department regarding your current state of mind and inform them of the issues you've experienced while on placement, they have duty of care and well being of all students. Your college may explain the options that are available to you to proceed. I wish you the very best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jellybean92

Thank you. I have already told the colloege about tge issues, but not my mental state. I would love to proceed into second year as i feel that leavimg work placement will improve my mental state. I hope everything works out. Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

You may be able to proceed without completingthe placement, but remember, you are going to have to complete it at some stage if you want to finish the course.

Get on to the college again, get clarity on your situation - don't leave it until September.

Advertisement