Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Stolen car - please help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

Heartwarming thread, respect to all involved and LorenzoB for getting the ball rolling. All the best op hopefully this is a turning point for u .

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭MelBri

Neyite wrote: »
    Some years ago I was helped out a bit like this, so I'd like to pay it forward.

I know your target has been reached, but pm your paypal details and I'll stick something in next week. You are bound to have had bits and bobs in your car that need replacing.

And welcome to Boards :)

Thanks a million, I already feel at home here!

Did have a few bits and bobs like jumper cables, map, torch, cds and the like in there so I appreciate the very kind gesture!

Fair play to you guys. Though I am not surprised one bit about community here.

When my car was broken in to I got at least 3 people offering me their old headunits, as the bastards ripped out whole centre comsole to steal my headunit.
    In the end I still bought it myself, but I was more delighted to see people I know here for years, that I havent even met, were so helpful.

Op, you will have to come to meet after you get the car, boardsies will want to see what they invested too. :)

Fantastic support on here, I'm beyond grateful to everyone!

Absolutely!

Old Perry wrote: »
    Heartwarming thread, respect to all involved and LorenzoB for getting the ball rolling. All the best op hopefully this is a turning point for u .

Couldn't agree with you more! and thanks for the support, this is definitely a turning point

nikpmup wrote: »
    This post popped up on the front page, and I just wanted to say, well done to everyone. People are amazing sometimes - I'm sure the support of everyone on this thread means a great deal to the OP.

Happy motoring OP, can't wait to read the update

It means an awful lot more than I can even say, people on here have been so amazingly kind and generous! Will definitely update and let everyone know what happens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,542 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Have you picked up the new motor yet? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭greenflash

antodeco wrote: »
    Have you picked up the new motor yet? :)

He's probably fast asleep in a ditch in Santa Ponsa with a half-eaten kebab in his hand and someone else's trousers on his head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

greenflash wrote: »
    He's probably fast asleep in a ditch in Santa Ponsa with a half-eaten kebab in his hand and someone else's trousers on his head.

Money well spent then!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Still waiting for pics OP!

Hey guys, sorry for the late reply! Saw 2 dodgy cars that needed a lot of work done, seeing one on Tuesday that looks a lot more promising! And don't worry, you'll definitely see pics when the motors sorted

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

MelBri wrote: »
    Hey guys, sorry for the late reply! Saw 2 dodgy cars that needed a lot of work done, seeing one on Tuesday that looks a lot more promising! And don't worry, you'll definitely see pics when the motors sorted

Thanks

Take your time and get the right one.

Skatedude wrote: »
    Take your time and get the right one.

Thanks! Just want to make sure not to end up with something that's gonna breakdown right away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

MelBri wrote: »
    Thanks! Just want to make sure not to end up with something that's gonna breakdown right away

Absolutely - it's not a lot of money so there will be a lot of junk out there in that range - no rush

begbysback wrote: »
    Absolutely - it's not a lot of money so there will be a lot of junk out there in that range - no rush

Exactly! Thanks for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I don't know if it has been mentioned already but keep an eye on the Buying section.
    Mainly Your Adverts.ie car for sale here which if for boards members selling cars to other boards members.
    Also BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day in which boards members post cars they see on sales sites and think are a (probable) good deal

biko wrote: »
    I don't know if it has been mentioned already but keep an eye on the Buying section.
    Mainly Your Adverts.ie car for sale here which if for boards members selling cars to other boards members.
    Also BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day in which boards members post cars they see on sales sites and think are a (probable) good deal

Thanks a lot! I didn't actually know about that and it looks very helpful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

Have a look around the tip head also.
    *in morning time

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Hey op any update for us?

bear1 wrote: »
    Hey op any update for us?

Hey! Went to see two cars this week, one was absolute crap but the other one was good so I contacted the seller to go for it, just need to sort out getting back to get it! :) Should be getting it this week thanks to all you guys! Will post update and pics as soon as its sorted :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Was the old car a Japanese import? Just that it was probably stolen because it might have no immobilizer.
    A minivan isn't something I'd have considered a target.

It might be worthwhile getting a stoplock or similar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Peew

I'm in on that

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,117 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Just noticed this. Fair play everyone.

Was the old car a Japanese import? Just that it was probably stolen because it might have no immobilizer.
    A minivan isn't something I'd have considered a target.

It might be worthwhile getting a stoplock or similar.

No it wasn't a Japanese import, you're absolutely right though it would definitely be worth getting something like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,082 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I'm in.... As a one child man who had 3 kids in a saloon car plus booster seats this weekend I understand the value of a 7 seater...

I'm in.... As a one child man who had 3 kids in a saloon car plus booster seats this weekend I understand the value of a 7 seater...

Exactly! It's honestly worth its weight in gold

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Peew

Peew wrote: »
    I'm in on that

I realised I was late to the party and having read the full thread now see you are doing well with help.
    Op offer still stands and as I work in finglas if you need a lift to pick up a car I can help you out there during the day.
    Fair play to all who contributed and in particular the person that started the donation just goes to show there are still some selfless people about in this crazy world ðŸŒ.
    Most of us can relate I'm sure to having more money going out than coming in at some stage in our lives.
    Best of luck with your purchase and keep us updated.

Peew wrote: »
    I realised I was late to the party and having read the full thread now see you are doing well with help.
    Op offer still stands and as I work in finglas if you need a lift to pick up a car I can help you out there during the day.
    Fair play to all who contributed and in particular the person that started the donation just goes to show there are still some selfless people about in this crazy world ðŸŒ.
    Most of us can relate I'm sure to having more money going out than coming in at some stage in our lives.
    Best of luck with your purchase and keep us updated.

Everyone on here's been really amazing, even had someone offer to donate for some petrol and someone else to replace some of the bits and pieces that got taken with the car, it's amazing!!

Thank you so much for offering the lift, as it stands at the moment I've got it sorted to pick up the car on Sunday and have a friend driving me down. I really appreciate your very kind offer and again everyones generosity when things have been tough. Will post an update once it's sorted, thank you again! It means so much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I don't think I've ever been as excited about the prospect of seeing a picture of a second hand car :D

nikpmup wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever been as excited about the prospect of seeing a picture of a second hand car :D

The anticipation is killing you all 😄

• Advertisement

Hey Guys! Just wanted to let you know I got the car sorted today! Thanks again for all your help with advice and donations and everything else. Wish all of you the best of luck with everything in the future and thanks again for being so generous! Cheers!

Advertisement