Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bug Identification

Options
  • 17-07-2017 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Can anyone tell me what this bug is and how to get rid of them. They seem to be confined to room in my house. the only room with a laminate wood florr so they may have something to do with wood. They are tiny....not even the size of a dry grain of rice. They crawl out from somewhere but they all seem to die not long after they crawl out. They come out any time of day and I can get up to 10 newones in a dead. Any ideas?????? heres a really zoomed in pic. They are really tiny.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Looks like wood boring weevil, you may need to contact a professional to make sure you get rid of them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The carapace looks like a beetle of sorts.

Kinda fits into a Buprestidae or Cerambycidae but not quite right.

Have a look through here and you can see if you can match it. 11 pages.

http://www.naturespot.org.uk/taxonomy/term/19338

• Registered Users Posts: 8 penny20

Thanks guys.
    Just checking the pics online. I think its a wood boring weevil....thanks Ms2011. Any exterminator recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Askthe EA

penny20 wrote: »
    Thanks guys.
    Just checking the pics online. I think its a wood boring weevil....thanks Ms2011. Any exterminator recommendations?

The cost of an exterminator is definitely the lesser of two weevils!

Advertisement