Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday Parking For Match In Markievicz Park

Options
  • 17-07-2017 11:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    Heading up early on Saturday for the Galway-Donegal game in Sligo. We want to get parking near enough to the ground without being arseholes and blocking driveways/walk all the way into the town. We'll be up from around 2ish (match starts at 7) so it might be risky parking near the roundabout that early.

Is it safe to park in the Carroroe Retail Park all day or would we likely get a clamp if we aren't shopping?

Would ye have any other possible suggestions for where to park near the ground? Don't mind paying but the long walk is a bit of a non-runner because we've have an elder coming with us.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

No clamping at retail Park.

What do you plan on doing between 2-7? Plenty of other options but depends on your plans!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

That's great. Thanks!

We'll be more than likely going to the Park Hotel for food before it gets too busy because it's less of a trek. There's a couple of matches on tv that we're all hoping to catch so it seems like a good place to stay for a few hours. More than happy to hear any alternative suggestions though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

That's great. Thanks!

We'll be more than likely going to the Park Hotel for food before it gets too busy because it's less of a trek. There's a couple of matches on tv that we're all hoping to catch so it seems like a good place to stay for a few hours. More than happy to hear any alternative suggestions though.

So why not park there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I heard it's a disaster to manoeuvre out of there after games with the last minute rush for parking.

Do ye reckon it'd be worth chancing parking there?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

I heard it's a disaster to manoeuvre out of there after games with the last minute rush for parking.

Do ye reckon it'd be worth chancing parking there?

to be fair, you'd walk from the retail park in less than 10 minutes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I'd leave the car in the Sligo Park hotel if I were you. Someone will let you out! I live near there and have never had more than a couple of minutes wait to get out onto the main road during matches. There is a Homecare pharmacy in the Roemer Furniture building (between Markievicz Park and the hotel). If you gave them a call they might be okay with you parking there. It's a little less of a walk for your friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Leave it on the road between the Sligo Park and the Retail Park , there is a lay-by outside a few houses and you will be pointing straight on the road to get out, in fairness Markievicz is easy access and once you get back to the dual carriageway there wont be too much hassle going to Donegal or Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

bennyc wrote: »
    Leave it on the road between the Sligo Park and the Retail Park , there is a lay-by outside a few houses and you will be pointing straight on the road to get out, in fairness Markievicz is easy access and once you get back to the dual carriageway there wont be too much hassle going to Donegal or Galway.

This is the spot for you. Will be no problem parking it there at 2pm. It's on same side as retail park and SPH. Have the car facing in the right direction and you will get away easily! Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Dr Devious

I'd park in the crozon pub car park and you'd be on the dual carriageway in seconds from there afterwards, up to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Dr Devious wrote: »
    I'd park in the crozon pub car park and you'd be on the dual carriageway in seconds from there afterwards, up to yourself.

Might be a bit far of a walk with an elder though.

• Advertisement

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Might be a bit far of a walk with an elder though.

Ever heard of a piggyback

Have you never heard of a piggyback ������

Advertisement