Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teaching Council Registration

Options
  • 17-07-2017 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

The TC wants to Garda Vet all teachers who were automatically put on the register back when it was set up.

What do they mean by certified copies of bills....do they mean signed or stamped at a Garda station? This is a complete waste of time and resources.

TIA.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

mick kk wrote: »
    The TC wants to Garda Vet all teachers who were automatically put on the register back when it was set up.

What do they mean by certified copies of bills....do they mean signed or stamped at a Garda station? This is a complete waste of time and resources.

TIA.
    This has always been on the cards, stems mainly from Sohum murders

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

TIA.

Yes, I did my retrospective vetting in June, took a photocopy of my passport and a recent bill to Garda station, it was stamped and I posted it off. Wasn't any hassle, except the actual site where you had to fill in your details was down for a few days when I was first trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭ccazza

TIA.

I had to do my Garda vetting in June too. I didn't need to send certified copies of anything as it said that if your teaching council address is the same as the address the teaching council have for you there is no need for certified copies. I just sent a photocopy of my driving licence and two bills. Had vetting back within 2 weeks.

ccazza wrote: »
    I had to do my Garda vetting in June too. I didn't need to send certified copies of anything as it said that if your teaching council address is the same as the address the teaching council have for you there is no need for certified copies. I just sent a photocopy of my driving licence and two bills. Had vetting back within 2 weeks.
    Can I just ask, what do you mean when you say you had the vetting back ? I got a link to a site to view my vetting status and everytime I logged on there was nothing there so I gave up looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

I got details of where to find it on digitary.

• Advertisement

I got details of where to find it on digitary.

Hi, thanks, so did I but it never actually appeared there, I assume seeing as I got the details of how to find it that it must be Ok though !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

solerina wrote: »
    Hi, thanks, so did I but it never actually appeared there, I assume seeing as I got the details of how to find it that it must be Ok though !!!

Did you log on DigitaryCore? If you did, you should see your details, if not you need to contact the Teaching Council for further details.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭ccazza

Did you log on DigitaryCore? If you did, you should see your details, if not you need to contact the Teaching Council for further details.

If you log into your teaching council account you should see the vetting details there. You had to activate the digitaryCore account to be able to see the Garda vetting.

Hi, yes I logged in but all I saw was that there are no certificates to be shown, odd I though but assumed all was OK at the same time, I have been vetted a few times in the last few years (sports organisations, college course etc) so I am sure I have nothing to worry about, but I will check my TC home page to be sure !!
    Just did that....vetting approved !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

solerina wrote: »
    Hi, yes I logged in but all I saw was that there are no certificates to be shown, odd I though but assumed all was OK at the same time, I have been vetted a few times in the last few years (sports organisations, college course etc) so I am sure I have nothing to worry about, but I will check my TC home page to be sure !!
    Just did that....vetting approved !!!

That's all that matters. I would look into the digitary because some principals will want you to share the documents with them and that's where your cert is.

• Advertisement
Advertisement