Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting Practice jobs outside Dublin (in Leinster)

Options
  • 18-07-2017 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi there,

I'm currently doing the ACCA exams and am looking for a trainee contract or work experience that would fulfil the PER requirement. I've a background in financial accounting, albeit, not working as a certified accountant. I've been told that I am very employable. I have two young kids and every minute of the commute costs me on childcare. There are no 3 bed houses closer to Dublin that are suitable.

My question is, where can I work in Leinster that isn't in Dublin City centre? Am I to small practices, or is there anywhere large to gain experience? I'm aware of a handful of places only so, of you can list where you would suggest that'd be great. I can work in Kilkenny, Carlow, Kildare, West Wicklow, Laois and drive to work.

I had success in getting offers in Dublin, but I'm living rural. I had to drive to the train, get the train to Heuston. Get the Luas or walk to the bus. Get the bus and then more than likely get another bus depending on the location, but all prospects are hopeless. Most jobs were taking 90 to 130 minutes door to door.

So please, topic is, what employers are there outside of Dublin. It isn't about my commute, or moving, or my kids. Just employers :) let's hear your employer suggestions?

Advertisement