Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alp' D Huez Tri

Options
  • 18-07-2017 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

Anyone done Alp' D Huez tri ?

A few questions...

1. When does it generally go on sale ?

2. How long does it take to sell out ?

3. How available and expensive is accommodation ?

4. General tips/advice ?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

miller82 wrote: »
    Hey Folks,

Anyone done Alp' D Huez tri ?

A few questions...

1. When does it generally go on sale ?

2. How long does it take to sell out ?

3. How available and expensive is accommodation ?

4. General tips/advice ?

Thanks

I thought you were retiring?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

I thought you were retiring?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-IkWpm7TS0

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Considering you can still enter this year's race, which is on next week, I wouldn't be too worried about sell-out dates :)

Thinking of this race myself for next year, so will be interested in updates from any like-minded folks - El. D and any others.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭El Director

Awesome. It'd be nice to know a few going over. I decided to do this in Jan of this year as I wanted something exciting, something to capture the imagination and for me this did the trick. I also wanted something to scare the sh1t out of me and again - tick. A full IM doesn't really get me going but I will do one someday I hope, I'm just not into all the hours of training, 12 to 15 hours (max) a week is enough for any man/woman IMO :) I decided to go for 2018 as this year I am only trying to get back into regular exercising TBH.

A full IM doesn't really get me going but I will do one someday I hope, I'm just not into all the hours of training, 12 to 15 hours (max) a week is enough for any man/woman IMO :) I reckon the swim and first 80-100km will be grand and the mind might think, "whats all the fuss about?" Then come the 21 hairpins and the heat at around the same time. Then the 20km at altitude and the fvcking heat at that stage I hear most likely will be immense.

Well done miller82 on starting the official boardsie thread ;)

• Advertisement

Good stuff folks. Likely to be +1 or maybe 2 going for 2018.
    A few from Pulse are doing it this year (not sure if they are doing long or short) so will try and get some info off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭El Director

miller82 wrote: »
    Good stuff folks. Likely to be +1 or maybe 2 going for 2018.
    A few from Pulse are doing it this year (not sure if they are doing long or short) so will try and get some info off them.

Excellent. What I am interested in knowing is what are the descents like - are they technical? I've no problem using the TT bike, I'm comfortable climbing with it, it's the descents that would worry me. The P5 is not made for technical descending, when doing a turnaround on a road you literally need every single cm going!

Excellent. What I am interested in knowing is what are the descents like - are they technical? I've no problem using the TT bike, I'm comfortable climbing with it, it's the descents that would worry me. The P5 is not made for technical descending, when doing a turnaround on a road you literally need every single cm going!

I only sold the TT becuase i was never going to be doing another Tri :rolleyes: anyway, i'll be going with an aero road bike here i think.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

All the Pulse gang are going long this year. Dennis has done it before. I think Fazz has done the short course?

Advertisement