Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Pay.. how much longer BOI?

Options
  • 18-07-2017 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    So Aib have launched Apple Pay today, like Ulster Bank and KBC previously..

any plans in place or BOI to follow?
    Or are we just going to stay in the dark ages?..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Pretty much the only bank left with PTSB. I'd say we'll be waiting!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

According to today's Irish independent "The move means that AIB, Ulster Bank and KBC support Apple Pay while Bank Of Ireland and Permanent TSB do not. Bank Of Ireland also does not support Android pay, leaving it alone as one of the pillar banks without such capability."

Can bank of Ireland give a definitive reason for not providing this, or alternatively give a definitive timeline as to when this will be available?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 kinanoman

After a year of reading these posts with no definitive answer or timeline, I've decided to change to AIB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi All,

Thanks for all your posts here on Boards.

We're have no update on this at the moment.

Please be assured we will notify our customers if there are any changes.

Thanks again for contacting us and for your feedback.

Kareana

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭OcocO

kinanoman wrote: »
    After a year of reading these posts with no definitive answer or timeline, I've decided to change to AIB.
    I like how your post was followed by yet another such declaration, without so much as a wry smile - I guess the BoI reps have no sense of irony :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

I wanted to get away from BOI for ages and ended up going to KBC for Android pay. Delighted with it, so handy. 

If it wasn't for Android pay I probably would still be procrastinating about the move.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

And yet BOI see fit to continue to harass me during work hours about their Premier Banking rubbish - no matter how many times I ask them to stop calling.

How hard is it to listen to your customers?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Bank of Ireland are in the middle of a massive IT platform conversion project (as reported by the Irish Times and elsewhere). I'm told that BoI are unwilling to support mobile wallets off their old platform. BoI want to wait until migration occurs and that will not be anytime soon. 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

I'm weighing up KBC vs AIB now. They look to be pretty level and miles ahead of Boi. Can't believe it took me this long to get around to it. The apps in particular side by side just show how dated the BoI app is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

I'm weighing up KBC vs AIB now. They look to be pretty level and miles ahead of Boi. Can't believe it took me this long to get around to it. The apps in particular side by side just show how dated the BoI app is.
    Hi Dan,

Can you let me know how you're getting on with the comparison?  Ive been with BOI all my life and to be honest am tired of the charges, and lack of technology with them.  Time to change.  Just weighing up which bank is the best option for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 kinanoman

boi.png

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

The other major banks support Apple Pay while BOI still don't appear to even have a plan to introduce it. Unforgivable given the changes taking place in banking.

My slow move away from BOI continues. Currently a Premier customer and have been using N26 more and more - avoid charges while travelling being the main reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Hi Dan,

Can you let me know how you're getting on with the comparison?  Ive been with BOI all my life and to be honest am tired of the charges, and lack of technology with them.  Time to change.  Just weighing up which bank is the best option for me.
    Finally just got around to moving last week after 15 years with boi - it's incredible how behind the times they are with everything. AIB was a breath of fresh air to switch to. The place is kitted out with ipads and it took less than 10 mins to move everything over. Android Pay, rewards, sweet mobile app and excellent, modern facilities here I come :D

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭iwo

Hi All,

After 13 years with BOI i would like to move to more technology friendly banking. I have a good few direct debits and orders set up with them, can they all be moved to new bank or I will have to re do them one by one? For example saving transfers or mortgage etc.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭irishj

Hi,

I've also been with BOI since I was really, really young...and they're just out of the game when it comes to 21st century banking, so I want to move to another bank.  Like "iwo" above, I want to know if direct debits / standing orders can be transferred over to a new bank automatically ?

From reading this thread, it seems AIB is the place to go.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭randombar

Any update BOI?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi GaryCocs,

No update on this but as mentioned previously, we’ll post here if this changes.

Thanks
    Tara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

irishj wrote: »
    Yeah, have now decided it's time to change.
    No update is just weak (not on behalf of the representative here, but the bank itself) and shows that BOI is being left behind.
    BOI has the right to decide what it does or does not offer; the customer has the right to see it as a bank that is not progressive and not worth being with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭randombar

irishj wrote: »
    Yeah, have now decided it's time to change.
    No update is just weak (not on behalf of the representative here, but the bank itself) and shows that BOI is being left behind.
    BOI has the right to decide what it does or does not offer; the customer has the right to see it as a bank that is not progressive and not worth being with.
    Snap

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

BOI will bring it in after they deliver their new computer system. It'l be probably another 3 years away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭joedumper

Also leaving Bank of Ireland because of this.  
    A bank stuck in the past!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Soon means about 2 years time...unless they have decided to go in ahead of the new IT system,  which would be very odd

• Registered Users Posts: 27 o2bearebel

Any updates from BOI on Apple pay? It's must be embarrassing for their staff at this stage.

Advertisement