Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help pls

• 18-07-2017 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

is this infected. has anyone seen this before and what can i do.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

Mutant wrote: »
    is this infected. has anyone seen this before and what can i do.

I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV. IANAD,NDIPOTV

BUT

Yes that's infected.

What you should do is

Go see a doctor..

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ShMLK

When did u get this tattoo? Is it recent?

Sometimes when the tattoo artist goes too deep it causes the skin to die off. It takes a long time to heal sometimes but it is not an infection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

ShMLK wrote: »

Sometimes when the tattoo artist goes too deep it causes the skin to die off. It takes a long time to heal sometimes but it is not an infection.

Can you show us your PhD? :pac:

OP, go see a doctor if you're worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Mutant

bottom part is about two weeks old.

im using savlon advanced healing gel on it and washing it several times a day with silcocks base and water. i also cover it at nite time and if i wear trousers or have to do anything that might get it dirty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,347 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Bet you're not a doctor either. Necrotic skin is not a minor complaint.

Doctor, not internet, OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,347 ✭✭✭✭endacl

im using savlon advanced healing gel on it and washing it several times a day with silcocks base and water. i also cover it at nite time and if i wear trousers or have to do anything that might get it dirty.

Doctor.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,925 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I always washed my tattoos in antibacterial soap and then used bepanthen, but go by what your tattoo artist recommends.

In terms of is that infected..... I can't say for sure but it sure as hell doesn't look right. I'd be heading to the doctor asap and getting that looked at.

I'm not saying he/she shouldn't go see a doctor!Just knew someone who had this happened to and spoke from his experience. Go see a doctor of course if you're worried.

I knew it was new! From the experience of someone who had this happened to it is what I told u. But you can go see a doctor if you want it to heal quicker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Go see either your tattoo artist or the doctor, or both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,746 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I am not a doctor, but can 100% confirm that it may possibly be a deadly skin eating disease... therefore I concur with previous comments that advise upon attending a professional healthcare worker who can evaluate your possible condition and recommend various treatments.

I'm sure it's not serious, but best to treat it effectively so you don't blemish the tattoo...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 NoFace

Don't use silcocks base to wash your tattoo - my tattoo looked like this when I was using it. I was advised to stop, started using warm boiled water with a TINY amount of salt to wash it instead, or an antibacterial soap if you'd prefer not to use salt water, and it started to look better after a day or 2. Maybe try this before going to a doctor so you don't waste time/money without having to?

Advertisement