Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rental houses in short supply, how can i secure one??

Options
  • 18-07-2017 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

Hi all,

Moving to what I thought was a quiet area, turns out it's very hard to get a decent house for myself and myself. Every house has loads of people viewing them and then they are given to other people

Any tips on how we could secure a house upon viewing???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Hi all,

Moving to what I thought was a quiet area, turns out it's very hard to get a decent house for myself and myself. Every house has loads of people viewing them and then they are given to other people

Any tips on how we could secure a house upon viewing???

Good references, no pets, offer more than the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭mayo pixiebell

davo10 wrote: »
    Good references, no pets, offer more than the others.

Have good reference, no pets, no smokers but can't justify offering more. €800+ for a small town

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

Wear respectable clothes to viewings. Don't ask silly questions at viewings. Don't display knowledge of tenancy law, ask for furniture to be removed make smart ass comments about the decor, furniture etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Offer a higher deposit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Have good reference, no pets, no smokers but can't justify offering more. €800+ for a small town

Unfortunately you are no more attractive as a prospective tenant than all the others with good references, non smokers and no pets then. If there is short supply and lots of demand, then others will "justify" offering more to get the property.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭mayo pixiebell

davo10 wrote: »
    Unfortunately you are no more attractive as a prospective tenant than all the others with good references, non smokers and no pets then. If there is short supply and lots of demand, then others will "justify" offering more to get the property.

Ah I know.. It's hard and frustrating.

Thanks for all the advice guys 😉

Advertisement