Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting Powder and Flashback

Options
  • 18-07-2017 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭

Hi Girls
    I've had my make up done for a wedding this weekend by a MUA when I asked her about spf in foundation she advised that its not the spf that causes flashback but the powder you use, alot of powders have talc and thats what causes it.

she didnt say which powder was the best as we were so busy for a wedding, can any of you recommend something, she said my Laura Mercier wouldnt be good for flashback boo hoo!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Casualcontrol1

flashback? whats flashback?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

nellie07 wrote: »
    Hi Girls
    I've had my make up done for a wedding this weekend by a MUA when I asked her about spf in foundation she advised that its not the spf that causes flashback but the powder you use, alot of powders have talc and thats what causes it.

she didnt say which powder was the best as we were so busy for a wedding, can any of you recommend something, she said my Laura Mercier wouldnt be good for flashback boo hoo!

My MUA is using Laura Mercier, most wedding photography is done under quite soft lighting so flash back isn't actually as big a problem as you sometimes read about. I'm not a MUA though so can't recommend any 100% no flash powder :(

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Hey! I said hey!

flashback? whats flashback?

It's where your face looks ghostly white in photos

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Laura Mercier is fine for flash photography. Best thing to do is do your makeup using products you want to use for the wedding and take some photos yourself. I dont know where your MUA is getting that info from??

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭nellie07

sorry girls I wasnt talking about flash photography for my wedding or anything like that I know a photographers photos would be ok,

The MUA was just doing my make up for a wedding and we were talking about flashback when she mentioned about some powders causing flash back, I contacted her since and she said to go for the Mac Prep and Prime translucent setting powder.

Thanks for your replies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement