Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carbon monoxide alarm

Options
  • 18-07-2017 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

New regulations on carbon monoxide alarms. Do the alarms have to me mains fed with battery backup? I want to keep my rental in line with new regs.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

I have seen reports from people in the forum that they must be mains fed, however there's nothing in the legislation about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

I have seen reports from people in the forum that they must be mains fed, however there's nothing in the legislation about it.

My understanding was that Smoke Detectors are to be mains fed (for any rewiring works etc) but that carbon detectors need only be battery fed.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭ElKavo

Smoke alarms are mains fed so check on that (came with the house). Can't see it being the easiest job to mains feed the carbon monoxide alarms too. Chasing walls and ceilings etc Obviously tax deductible too.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Part J of the Building Regulations allow for Battery powered CO Detectors so that should be sufficient for the new housing standards.

Advertisement