Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPad Air 2 Replacement

Options
  • 18-07-2017 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know how reliable sites that give the manufacturing date of Apple products are? I got a replacement for my iPad Air 2 from Apple Support last month and, based on the serial number, two sites I've checked are telling me it was made in June 2017. That can't be right, though, can it? According to everymac.com the iPad Air 2 was discontinued in March, so I assumed my replacement was a refurb. Could they have kept a supply of new models, given that they now replace rather than repair damaged iPads? Or am I clutching at straws?

The two sites I checked are
    http://www.chipmunk.nl/cgi-fast/applemodel.cgi
    and
    http://sndeep.info/en

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,020 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

It wasn't manufactured in June 2017 but I suppose seeing as that you received it in June 2017, it's a warranty indicator. I'm sure Apple have plenty of stock put by for this specific purpose. If any issues arise, it's in warranty from June 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭iniall

The two websites had all the replacement iPad's information correct: capacity, colour, screen resolution, RAM, etc. (Neither site mentioned warranty, though.) I tried putting in the serial number of the iPad that was replaced and it gave a November 2014 production date, which would be right, as I got it in December that year. It also got the details of my iPhone right. So I wonder why it would be right for one iPad and one iPhone, but wrong for the most recent iPad? I think I've proved that Apple are secretly still making the iPad Air 2...!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,020 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Friend asked me did I know anyone reputable to replaced smashed screen. Have done a few screen replacement over time and would consider myself reasonably competent. Can source non-OEM from amazon for 20€ with the screen pry tools and mini philips drivers. Anyone done similar? Handy enough?

Advertisement