Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any good guitar bands in the city?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 flyingvisit

My dad told me about a band mojo he remembers playing. any info on mojo. He said sally longs had really good bands with great guitar players boxtie and nasty habit he said big generator were brilliant. 25 years ago.

Ah mojo that brings back the memories, the snug. Mojo in the snug was with Bernard Naughton, they were great nights I remember they done quite a bit of blues and rock standards plus they had a sax, the glass onion band in the quays on Thursday's is the closest you'll get to Mojo.

Sally longs was great then. I don't know if any music goes on there now. I remember the bands, Nasty habit featured the two diamond brothers from mayo Sunday nights, they have a very similar practically the same lineup playing in the Spanish arch hotel on Saturday's not the same set. Boxty are all (Gallagher) brothers from donegal, Johnny the guitar player I remember doing freebird that was always the song of the night, some memories I'd love to watch him again playing freebird, he is an amazing guitar player. Big generator, not sure did I see them in Sally Longs much, but Barry conboy was a genius on the guitar with the best sound I ever heard at that time, they played support to Joe satriani in the point, that's how good they were.

Big generator still gig regularly, Bernard Naughton was in a thin Lizzy tribute band that used to do a gig around January, I think that still happens. You should check in Sally longs and see if they still have such bands. It would be great to see mojo in the snug again.

Advertisement