Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Launches Apple Pay

• 18-07-2017 4:50pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Good news, AIB has launched Apple Pay for both their credit and debit cards :)

https://aib.ie/ways-to-bank/apple-pay

Interestingly they say:
    Hundreds of thousands of stores now accept Apple Pay. You can use Apple Pay anywhere that accepts contactless payments. And you can now make payments for any amount with Apple Pay, though some retailers have a €30 limit.

So unlimited payments now, at least in some stores. I assume this only applies to Apple Pay and not general contact less transactions.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

So unlimited payments now, at least in some stores. I assume this only applies to Apple Pay and not general contact less transactions.

Unlimited payments applies to all digital wallet payments, i.e. Apple Pay and Android Pay, but not to card contactless payments.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

JTMan wrote: »
    Unlimited payments applies to all digital wallet payments, i.e. Apple Pay and Android Pay, but not to card contactless payments.

It makes perfect sense, the payment is secured by finger print, touch id and the other technologies surrounding it, frankly much more secure then a traditional credit card IMO.

I just hadn't realised that they had actually decided to do it. Great, it makes Apple Pay even more useful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Toga Stroll

Has anyone used Apple Pay regularly for amounts over the normal €30 contactless limit? Do most retailers allow it or do they have restrictions as set out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Rulmeq

Has anyone used Apple Pay regularly for amounts over the normal €30 contactless limit? Do most retailers allow it or do they have restrictions as set out?

I haven't been able to use it anywhere for more than €30, including one shop where it was like €30.20 or something like that. It seems that the terminals are programmed to only accept €30 for any form of contactless payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Toga Stroll

I actually did it yesterday on a motor way device station for €50 so it must just differ shop to shop. Handy to know it works anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement