Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employer gave revenue my p45 but I still work there

Options
  • 18-07-2017 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I just found out from the revenue that when I went on maternity leave in june 2016 that they were given my p45 by my employer. I returned to work in jan 2017 after maternity. Will this affect my taxes, the revenue have me down as not working now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭shar01

Yeah - I think this happens when you're not going to return to work within the tax year.

I'm a while out of that side of payroll but you should've been told to contact Revenue to say your circumstances had changed (finished maternity and back in work).

Have you been on emergency tax or a week one basis since Jan 2017? Either way - ring Revenue and tell them you're back in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

shar01 wrote: »
    Yeah - I think this happens when you're not going to return to work within the tax year.

No it shouldn't happen at all. Maternity leave is protected leave and an employee's insurable weeks are protected while on it. If OP has been issued with a P45 then she will only show as having the number of insurable weeks she had up until the date of her P45. It may also show as a break of employment if there is ever a redundancy situation.

OP you need to speak to your payroll department. If you are not registered as being employed how do they even know what tax credits to apply for you? They have made a mistake and they need to rectify it.

Advertisement