Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSA Licence/Garda Vetting

Options
  • 18-07-2017 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭

Would anyone be able to tell me the standard waiting time for vetting to come back on a licence application?

Applied for the licence 9 months ago,immediately filled in the online vetting application when I got it (7 days later) and nothing since.

The vetting unit refuse to speak to me and the PSA are sick of contacting them on my behalf.

I have 2 formal job offers subject to a licence being issued.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

Would anyone be able to tell me the standard waiting time for vetting to come back on a licence application?

Applied for the licence 9 months ago,immediately filled in the online vetting application when I got it (7 days later) and nothing since.

The vetting unit refuse to speak to me and the PSA are sick of contacting them on my behalf.

I have 2 formal job offers subject to a licence being issued.

I set up a company with a PSA licence recently and all 5 directors had to be vetted including 1 from the North. Took about 3 weeks from starting application to being formally licenced. Something going wrong in your one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

bmwguy wrote: »
    I set up a company with a PSA licence recently and all 5 directors had to be vetted including 1 from the North. Took about 3 weeks from starting application to being formally licenced. Something going wrong in your one.

Had a guard call to my door 4 weeks after the application to verify who I was, found that very odd.

All the vetting office keep saying is 'currently processing'

Is it even legal this delay?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Ma Walton

It's not illegal, no. Vetting enquiries take however long they take - for most people it's quick and painless and for others it can take months, sometimes well over a year. There isn't a whole lot you can do to expedite it.

Ma Walton wrote: »
    It's not illegal, no. Vetting enquiries take however long they take - for most people it's quick and painless and for others it can take months, sometimes well over a year. There isn't a whole lot you can do to expedite it.

I was in a class of 20+

Of those who applied for the licence, they all had it completed in 4 months.

One guy with 80 convictions even got it.

I was vetted last year for a job and it took 6 months including a vetting appeal.

Baffled is an understatement.

When you refer to a 'vetting appeal' are you talking about the release of specified information or something different?

• Advertisement

Ma Walton wrote: »
    When you refer to a 'vetting appeal' are you talking about the release of specified information or something different?

Convictions not related to me were disclosed to the registered company.

I feel this cost me the job, even though the vetting bureau did admit their error, seeing something as serious as it was would taint anyone's opinion.

I have a namesake living near me and he has caused me nothing but trouble all my life,when it comes to trying to get off on offences he gives my details.

Gardai confirmed this to me, even the vetting office were suspicious.

That's likely the source of the delay - ascertaining what relates to your unpleasant namesake and what belongs to you. When local gardai get involved in the enquiries that's typically the reason.

The only thing I can (reluctantly!) suggest is maybe ask a local councillor or TD to make representations on your behalf and see if that can move things along. Otherwise there's very little you can do.

I must be a unique case if this is what the truth is.

https://www.kildarestreet.com/wrans/?id=2017-01-24a.115

I've been to citizens information,contacted TD's.

Solicitors letter might be needed next.

Spoke to someone yesterday that i didn't see in months, they done the course in February, have the licence since June, vetting done and dusted.

The Garda vetting unit have finally completed my vetting application, for an online application it must be a record, 9 months to complete.

Now the wait goes on to see will the PSA grant me a licence.

My licence application was refused.

• Advertisement
Advertisement