Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards FF Pay League 17/18

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,883 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Edit - I think it's fair to say we shouldn't be 2 GW's in to a season and only now arranging payment structure

Yeah, there should have been a deadline to join before the season started (a week before) so the person running it could get a chance to set it up, with pm's flying in.
    Me like an eejit thought entrants were still being accepted after gw 1 and ended up sounding like a bit of a knob.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Christ lads you cant decide prizes or places until you have all entrants in.

You can't close a week before season starts as true to form of prior years the last week is when most people join.

Organising this for people takes a lot of time and effort and its a shame people are complaining.

I have had people abuse me by pm as they thought late entrants were being allowed in & i have had people look for refunds after having poor starts.

Really takes the good out of running this for people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

kilburn wrote: »
    Christ lads you cant decide prizes or places until you have all entrants in.

You can't close a week before season starts as true to form of prior years the last week is when most people join.

Organising this for people takes a lot of time and effort and its a shame people are complaining.

I have had people abuse me by pm as they thought late entrants were being allowed in & i have had people look for refunds after having poor starts.

Don't mind them. I'm sure almost all of us appreciate the effort, and aren't really bothered about the prizes not being set before the league starts. You've enough to be doing without working out percentages to be awarded to each finishing place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

Any criticism is totally unfair - anyone who has ever organised anything knows the grief it brings but the one mistake we are making is having an open dabate on this.

Kilburn, this is your party, what you say should go!

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

kilburn wrote:

kilburn wrote:

I for one would like to thank Kilburn for organising the league, normally the ones that sit on the fence and do nothing are the ones that complain. So thank you...its much appreciated.
    And also lads, relax, it only a bit of fun!!!.
    Kilburn whatever prize structure you want is fine by me.

• Advertisement

I appreciate it is difficult to set up a league like this with all the entrants coming in etc as there is a lot of people.
    I was not one of those abusing Kilburn (the organiser) by pm by the way.
    My whinging was done in the open :D
    But I also appreciate now that Kilburn was travelling and did not have time to keep the league up to date.

But other leagues I have been in are set to go when the season starts -
    people pay thier money and prize structure is organised in advance at least by percentage depending on the entrants.

Places for prizes by percentage of the pot are normally decided in advance of the league starting by the person who sets it up .

To have the league entrants updated after gw1 has made it messy and made it appear that they were late entrants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

1st - 650 2nd - 300 3rd - 180 4th - 120 5th - 70

Is be happy with this..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

5 places I think would be good yeah.

I'd suggest something like this:

1st - 650
    2nd - 300
    3rd - 180
    4th - 120
    5th - 70

I like this structure best myself but happy to go with whatever is decided. I think we should be grateful to Kilburn for giving this his time and think vast majority will happily go with his decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭McBain11

Lads, no matter what Kilburn or the majority decide on the pot split, can we just knock the general negativity on the head. Even if lads don't think it comes across that way, it does and I don't really see what it achieves. The tone on this thread shouldn't be that way imo.

In terms of this league itself, Kilburn had to deal with between 50-100 entrants. That is an absolute pain in the feckin hole, if you'll pardon my French. Add to that the fact that I'd say he took in most entrants in the few days before the FPL kick off and it becomes a bigger mess. His aim was to get a decent number of entrants and a decent sized overall pot and he's done a great job on that front.

In an ideal world, obviously all entrants would be in a week before and everyone would know the exact pot and exact pot split. In that scenario though, you'd have far less entrants and so a far smaller overall pot. If Kilburn had done that, I'm sure he'd save himself a lot of stress and bother over the last hectic few days sorting out all the entrants, but he didn't so as to get as big a prize pot for everyone involved.

Just on the pot split itself, I was in this league last year, and can't remember the exact split, but would imagine the plan was always to run it along the same lines as that again. Iirc it's similar enough to Scorpion Stings pot proposal.

This league is going a number of years and every year the prize pot has been decided after all entrants were in.

People were more than entitled to enter right up until GW1 kickoff and bank transfers can take a few days to go through not everyone has paypal.

League was set to go on time and by the way post one clearly states democratic decision on pot as per prior years.

97 people made contact and everyone was given a chance to enter right up to deadline, i am a member of this forum years not as much of a contributor as others but either way i was going to give all regulars a chance to join.

• Advertisement

1st - 650 2nd - 300 3rd - 180 4th - 120 5th - 70

This is the prize fund folks best of luck to all

Lets keep the banter top notch throughout the season !

If you get a few mins you should read all the team names in the league sime classics !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

A few stats.

Only 2 chips played so far...2 x Wildcards in GW2
    Hits so far in this GW3...8 players x 1 hit; 3 players x 2 hits; 1 player x 3 hits
    Last week, of the current top 30; 2 captained Vardy, 2 x Aguero, 2 x Salah, 1 x Mane and 23 x Lukaku
    Only 1 player in the Lg has a team value under 100m. Highest value currently is 100.9m for just the 1 Manager while 3 are on 100.8m

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

jay0109 wrote: »
    A few stats.

Hits so far in this GW3...8 players x 1 hit; 3 players x 2 hits; 1 player x 3 hits
    Last week, of the current top 30; 2 captained Vardy, 2 x Aguero, 2 x Salah, 1 x Mane and 23 x Lukaku
    Only 1 player in the Lg has a team value under 100m. Highest value currently is 100.9m for just the 1 Manager while 3 are on 100.8m

th?id=OIP.RHtyEbOV0nSS1bujq75NlQEsCh&pid=15.1&P=0&w=305&h=165

jay0109 wrote: »
    A few stats.

Jayus nothing will go unseen in this league!
    I am/was close to using the wildcard....those three hits could go very badly for me....

Jayus nothing will go unseen in this league!
    I am/was close to using the wildcard....those three hits could go very badly for me....

Have to say that when I saw those 3 hits, I assumed it was someone who was going to hit the WC button before the deadline:P

If anyone needs to be amused/needs a laugh I took a -12 point hit (2 free transfers)

IN
    OUT

Hegazi
    Valencia (Hegazi has yet to play but Valencia will get a clean sheet and three bonus)

Pogba
    De Bruyne (This finished level on points as KDB got a bonus)

Mkhitaryan

Ritchie (Both players got an assist but Mkhitaryan got a yellow)

Chicharito
    Jesus (Chicharito got a whole 1 point while Jesus got a goal and three bonus)

Eriksen
    Ward-Prowse (My only hope to salvage this is Eriksen my captain)

As a result of these transfers I benched Clark and started stones another 15 points on the bench.

I think I could lose out on close to 40 points by the end of the gameweek... :o

40 pts down....wow!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

Woah, you need to calm down on the kneejerking gorm!

I'm just happy that the FF Gods showed mercy on those who captained Lukaku with a Kane blank!

Some serious competitors in this league, no one saying nothin' - afraid to give anything away (ye cagey fooks!!)

• Advertisement

Some serious competitors in this league, no one saying nothin' - afraid to give anything away (ye cagey fooks!!)

Yeah I bet they wear sunglasses when they read this thread just in case anyone can see what they are thinking.

I would say to them make sure to take all my advice :rolleyes:

Well I just panicked and played my wildcard - little pea coming off has upset me!

Well I just panicked and played my wildcard - little pea coming off has upset me!

I have him as well he had very few chances but still nearly scored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,147 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

doesnt seem like aguero is to prevalent in our league. gonna have to try to squeeze him in some how.

spurs have 3 nice games coming up as well. i expect lots of points from kane.

vardy sneaking up there nicely as well

doesnt seem like aguero is to prevalent in our leaguel

Interesting to see a headcount after the next deadline!!

I have not totted up how many points I lost with this wildcard but it must be close to 30 points.

Worst wildcard ever?

GW8
    https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/team/163549/event/8

WC GW9
    https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/team/163549/event/9

I think my chances are gone this year.
    Time to focus on the sky game? :D

This is the weirdest year of the 7 I've played FF. Cant seem to get a run going, made a hash of my WC a few weeks ago, broke my own rules by going with an expensive defence and a 4 man set up at that.
    Might just take a stack of hits over the coming weeks and hope it sets me up for mid Nov onwards

Very good standard in this league. 15 in the top 150k overall is pretty impressive!

elefant wrote: »
    Very good standard in this league. 15 in the top 150k overall is pretty impressive!

My main tactic is hope they all over indulge over the Christmas period miss deadlines, take loads of hits and/or forget to hit the wildcard button.

Then again I am most likely to do all those things. :D

• Advertisement

My main tactic is hope they all over indulge over the Christmas period miss deadlines, take loads of hits and/or forget to hit the wildcard button.

Then again I am most likely to do all those things. :D

Rotation of pinting will be very important over the Christmas. Fatigue could ruin a season.

Advertisement