Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child picking skin until it bleeds

Options
  • 18-07-2017 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭

I cannot get to the doctor until next week but thought I would see if anyone else faced this.

My 2 year old is constantly picking at his skin (not a scab or anything) until it bleeds. I am worried about infection but also why he feels the need to scratch/ pull at his skin until blood appears (and then continues picking and picking). It finally healed recently but he started again today and it's bleeding already. Bed sheets at frequently ruined by blood.

Is it an age thing?
    Stress (in a 2 year old)?
    Habit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭celligraphy

Hey, it's a stress disorder dermatophila ,sorry if that's not the correct spelling unfortunately go to the doctors and stop it before he develops a terrible habit , I have this and I'm 26 and it won't ever go away as I didn't stop it when I was younger

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

Thank you. Will make an appointment asap

Advertisement