Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starter house vs lifetime house

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

As far as I'm concerned I'm going to wait until I have the ability to buy/ build my 'forever' home.

I don't believe in starter apartments/houses as my late teens and early 20's were spent renting 3 bed semi's and driving neighbours mad with parties , clogging the road with cars and working on things at night. I've grown up a bit since then and realised that I needed to live in a house away from others so that this isn't a problem. (those who would say quieten down - no). I could afford a mortgage on a 2 bed apartment or 3 bed semi right now without too much hardship, but I'm not willing to give up what remains of my 20's just to 'own' a house that I can't use how I like.

I'd much rather wait till I'm in my early 30's , buy my forever house and continue on till I can't drive anymore and then sell up to accept my quiet calm apartment hell.

Advertisement