Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5S suddenly dies, IOS10.3.2

Options
  • 19-07-2017 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭

For the 3rd time over the last two weeks my phone dies suddenly at aprox 50%
    It has to charge for 30 mins or so to even wake up and starting to recharge.

I hear IOS10.3.2 has battery issues with drainage.

It like I am doing something with the phone and suddenly it dies with no warning whatsoever.

Frustrating.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

biko wrote: »
    For the 3rd time over the last two weeks my phone dies suddenly at aprox 50%
    It has to charge for 30 mins or so to even wake up and starting to recharge.

I hear IOS10.3.2 has battery issues with drainage.

It like I am doing something with the phone and suddenly it dies with no warning whatsoever.

Frustrating.

I think this is definitely a software issue alright. I just left the beta testing thing, and the sudden battery drain (in my case my iPhone 6 would drop rapidly from 30% to 20% in a minute or so, then hover at 20% for a while, drop suddenly to 10%, hover again for a while, then die) was still present on the beta of 10.3.3

I also tried both public betas of iOS11, and the sudden drain was gone. In fairness, the battery did drain faster than normal overall (to be expected in a beta), but it was a steady drop. I went back to 10.3.2 last week, and the battery is better than on iOS11 overall, but the sudden drops are back.

Apple did offer a replacement for some batteries on iPhone 6S that they admitted were faulty, but they are holding out on other models that are reporting similar issues. I suspect they know that in most other cases, it is just a software fix that's required. I'd say you should just hold out for iOS11 and see how that works for you. Maybe try the beta (but wait another week or two for beta no.3, because the current one won't help the battery drain) if you really want to give it a go.

Advertisement