Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving boxes

Options
  • 19-07-2017 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,

I'm currently looking for a cheap way to move few boxes within Dublin. I just have 7 Banana boxes to move. That's why I don't want to hire a moving company as I do not have that many boxes to move.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Taxi?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 9 25696951

Esel wrote: »
    Taxi?

I got a taxi before with 2 small suit cases. The taxi charged each of them. It would be approx same price as hiring whole house removal company which I don't need as I don't have that many boxes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

From where to where?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,826 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Taxis last (legally) charged for luggage in about 2007...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Go car have small vans that you can rent by the hour. Could be a good option for you.

https://www.gocar.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

GoCar.

spurious wrote: »
    From where to where?

From Rathmines to tallaght

L1011 wrote: »
    Taxis last (legally) charged for luggage in about 2007...

I got charged less than a year ago by multiple taxis. So wouldn't be worth the argument with them.

budhabob wrote: »
    Go car have small vans that you can rent by the hour. Could be a good option for you.

https://www.gocar.ie
    Pelvis wrote: »
    GoCar.

Great idea but sadly I don't drive. but thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

25696951 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm currently looking for a cheap way to move few boxes within Dublin. I just have 7 Banana boxes to move. That's why I don't want to hire a moving company as I do not have that many boxes to move.

Thanks!

Presumably you don't know anyone who can give you a lift, or you wouldn't be asking here, so I think your answer is to buy a day ticket for Dublin Bus and move 1 box at a time on the 65B. Cheap or fast, you can't have both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,826 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You have one option here to do it in one journey - a taxi. That is going to be cheaper than a moving company even if they do break the law.

If you are charged for luggage, get a receipt and report them to the NTA.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭MaudL

Check also all the listings for ''Man with a van'' on Adverts.
    When I moved a few years ago, this lad charged me 40 euros for a full van load including loading and unloading of a few bits of furniture. Moving distance was 6km.
    Good luck!

Advertisement